Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Default National City Bank rejects Poker Stars check

Hello,
I'm a lurker not a poster so I will keep it short. This afternoon I took a check I recived for a Poker Stars cashout to my National City Llocal branch and attemted to deposit my check. The girl told me that she saw 1 of these checks this week and the bank did not accept it. She made a phone call and i could hear a recording say "You are not autherized to ...." she then told me if she dose not have a # she can call and verify it she can not accept it.

I realy felt like a shady criminal that just printed a check on my computer. I will post Poker Stars responce soon.
GL to me and to all!!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: National City Bank rejects Poker Stars check

I'm confused. It's a real check with real legit routing & account numbers on it. Why would they not accept it?

I very much understand if they would put a hold on the money, but not accepting the check simply doesn't make sense. I would have argued strongly with this girl.

My bank is National City.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Poker
stars checks do not have their name on them. They are a legitimate check draw by a service which Stars hires. This guy with one post is another idiot spreading fear.

Hands to strangle will come.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. It's a real check with real legit routing & account numbers on it. Why would they not accept it?

I very much understand if they would put a hold on the money, but not accepting the check simply doesn't make sense. I would have argued strongly with this girl.

My bank is National City.

[/ QUOTE ]

A check is just an IOU for funds that you can reassign to someone else. The bank trades this back to the bank the account is drawn upon to obtain the funds it represents. If this bank decided it was illegal to do business with PokerStars' bank, which is not an unreasonable decision given current events, then the IOU has no value to them so they didn't accept it. It makes total sense. And arguing with a teller won't help you regardless of whether it's right or wrong. It's like telling a traffic cop the speed limit should be higher.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker
stars checks do not have their name on them. They are a legitimate check draw by a service which Stars hires. This guy with one post is another idiot spreading fear.

Hands to strangle will come.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would i post out of nowhere after years of lerking to spread fear?
i felt the infomation relivent to the curant climate and seen no other similer posts. Dont dare flame me for stating only facts.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 PM

None of you donks have a clue as to how a bank works.

Instant PERMA IP BAN for the OP please!

You could scratch out a crude check on toliet paper and take it for deposit to your bank. As long as it has valid MICR ink routing number on the bottom of it, has a date, text amount matches the numeric amount, and a few other elements, they will accept it for deposit.

They will credit your account with the appropriate amount. If you can actually withdraw against this amount or if it will be "held" is another matter.

The bank will then pass the check on to be cleared. If the check comes back as fake, or insufficient funds, or whatever, the bank will then take out the amount from your account probably plus some charges. If there isn't enough money in your account they will come after you to get it.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Prolly b/c you suck at life.
[ QUOTE ]
i felt the infomation relivent to the curant climate and seen no other similer posts. Dont dare flame me for stating only facts.

[/ QUOTE ] National City processes many checks every day that are drawn on the same banks that pokerstars uses and uses the dame check processor. So you are telling me a teller at a bank somewhere in the middle of America looked at a check and immediately recognzed that it was from pokerstars? Uh huh.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the other posts(cardcounter and vinyard). Yeh, you suck. The thing is that you probably have posted previously but made a new account to have your idea of fun. Take a walk, you suck.

And oh yeh, you spell like a 10 year old but I'll give you 14.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 PM

Fact : the check is legitimate , routing # account # ect. The same check no one else has reported any problems with.
Fact : the check dose not say Poker Stars
Fact : The teller reconized the check
Fact : She initialy offered a hold
Fact : She later refused to accept the check at all and sent me home.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8980410

[/ QUOTE ]

read this post