Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Folding a Set

OP reply.
Just b/c "bad players" who "make mistakes" raising w/ a T3s or calling a raise w/ a J2s PF, doesn't mean they make similar mistakes on later betting rounds.
W/out knowledge of the holdings, and w/ an experienced, aggro albeit loose PF raiser, how could I not factor in the chances of drawing dead on the turn to a higher set(which is what made me fold) and thus possibly paying off 4 turn bets and 2 or 3 river bets?
Is that enough of a factor to tend to fold?
other considerations: (I read strength on PF raiser when he raised the turn, and I smooth called the flop b/c I assumed I was on an effective draw and wanted to build a pot, rather than shut players out).
Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP reply.
Just b/c "bad players" who "make mistakes" raising w/ a T3s or calling a raise w/ a J2s PF, doesn't mean they make similar mistakes on later betting rounds.
W/out knowledge of the holdings, and w/ an experienced, aggro albeit loose PF raiser, how could I not factor in the chances of drawing dead on the turn to a higher set(which is what made me fold) and thus possibly paying off 4 turn bets and 2 or 3 river bets?
other considerations: (I read strength on PF raiser when he raised the turn, and I smooth called the flop b/c I assumed I was on an effective draw and wanted to build a pot, rather than shut players out).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never seen a player who can play well on later streets play anything that bad preflop. Its relative imo, yes, there are some player that you can read well enough to know they have you dominated with a set. In my experience, people who play T3s or J2s pre-flop, dont usually fall into a category where you can be certain enough to make this fold correct.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not enough of a factor to fold. And you should have sensed strength on the flop with a board that dangerous. And smooth calling the flop is your worst option. You need to raise to see where you're at and push out high spade draw if possible. But especially if you don't have a read a raise will help you put your opponents on hands and then you can call down for full house possibilities.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to raise to see where you're at and push out high spade draw if possible. .........................But especially if you don't have a read a raise will help you put your opponents on hands and then you can call down for full house possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your reasoning in the other posts PT, but you're wrong about the first part here. You're not folding out the Kc with a flop raise. Only way the Jc is folding is if it's pounded like crazy and he figures he's drawing dead.

Tough spot. I'd have a hard time folding if I thought I was drawing against 2 fl's, knowing I can fold the river. Pair the board baby. One time.

12/05/05 8 posts. What gives?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need to raise to see where you're at and push out high spade draw if possible. .........................But especially if you don't have a read a raise will help you put your opponents on hands and then you can call down for full house possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your reasoning in the other posts PT, but you're wrong about the first part here. You're not folding out the Kc with a flop raise. Only way the Jc is folding is if it's pounded like crazy and he figures he's drawing dead.

Tough spot. I'd have a hard time folding if I thought I was drawing against 2 fl's, knowing I can fold the river. Pair the board baby. One time.

12/05/05 8 posts. What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't really expect Ks to fold. But I've seen real tight players do stranger things, especially for 2 bets cold. And since we don't have a read I like to give anyone a reason to fold.

The reason for such few posts. I played with Schnieds when he was no good in high school and once he started to make money I looked at some of his posts here so I decided to register. I saw Schnieds take a bunch of money off Nemo234 on stars and it got me inspired to check out this site again and I just started posting today.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in an agressive game, with a set, I call it, whether thier hands are face up or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
win much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont I get an apology tough guy?