Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: The hard way?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Name one possible hand the button can have here that the OP does not beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
but i have no clue otherwise [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way that he has this.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: The hard way?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP? How often is this a good semi-bluff into a PF raiser and overcaller? I think fold equity is pretty slim here.

Turn check raise is clever - maybe. I think I like betting this turn instead.

River....hmmmm... I'm prolly 80% sure we're good, so a 3-bet isn't out of the question. He could be taking a shot at the scare card with a K - Call is safer. I'm calling.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a 3 bet is completely out of the question here. Would he really raise the river with just a K after checking the king high two clubs flop? He either has air or he's got a hand that kills us. I think now that maybe the button could have a slowplayed KK or has bottom set. So I think a 3 bet on the river will be met with a 4 bet or an instafold, making a 3 bet really pointless.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Would he really raise the river with just a K after checking the king high two clubs flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Checking top pair on 4 flush board is becoming more and more fashionable (with the idea of raising the turn). There was no chance whatsoever that either I or CO will just check the turn so checking that flop is really not that bad. Also, raising that river with just a K is not that bad either considering my image. I didn't 3 bet the river (folding didn't enter my mind), he showed KJ and I took the pot.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would he really raise the river with just a K after checking the king high two clubs flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Checking top pair on 4 flush board is becoming more and more fashionable (with the idea of raising the turn). There was no chance whatsoever that either I or CO will just check the turn so checking that flop is really not that bad. Also, raising that river with just a K is not that bad either considering my image. I didn't 3 bet the river (folding didn't enter my mind), he showed KJ and I took the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh ok, nice hand. I don't see how you can possibly give him a king here, and I don't see how this check behind on the flop has become fashionable.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:36 PM

I dont bet the flop, after its checked around, I lead the turn, and call a raise, and c/r river, as teh cards came out. I think that in this situation, being oop is the key factor, I dont usually like to get aggresive, or try to make too many moves oop (although, sometimes if I think a guy repsects me, I will 3 bet turn, in the hopes that he folds it), so I tend to play it a little more passively, and am really hoping my fold equity is up there on the turn.

nm
Old 01-28-2007, 08:25 PM

What beats you here? 77, seems like only winning hand based on how he played. Villian could have KQ, KK, QQ but would have most likely reraised turn. Seems like most likely is taking a stab in the dark with maybe a K or nothing. Depends how aggro he thinks you are. What kinda player is he?