Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Busting my Outback cherry

[ QUOTE ]
Being Australian I was quite surprised at the topic of this thread. In Australia we have no idea that this chain even exists. So I read through and you guys have to be kidding me.

Alice Springs Chicken? Mad max burger? Shrimp on the barbie? Ribs????? Clam chowder???? I can't believe this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably enjoy it more than what Australians actually eat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being Australian I was quite surprised at the topic of this thread. In Australia we have no idea that this chain even exists. So I read through and you guys have to be kidding me.

Alice Springs Chicken? Mad max burger? Shrimp on the barbie? Ribs????? Clam chowder???? I can't believe this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably enjoy it more than what Australians actually eat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, McDonalds is pretty naff.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:13 PM

I love it when year old threads get bumped and the first few people don't notice.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Epilogue: I feel like I have a massive food hangover today. I generally eat pretty simple stuff - like something I grill or homemade tuna-salad in a pita. So my body really isn't used to all that grease and rich food.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think that's pretty standard for Outback...I'll eat there once in a while when I'm in the mood for some greasy-cheesy-bacony deliciousness, knowing that I'll feel like falling asleep at the table when I'm done.

I find the steaks there to be good for a chain restaurant, which isn't saying much; I'd say they range from 5-7 on a 10 point scale. I think that the posters that are so down on Outback are just hating on chain restaurants in general.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hoo boy, Outback. Classy.

(Go to a real steakhouse)

[/ QUOTE ]

Steak snob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly - Outback just eats balls.

Don't you have The Keg or Texas Roadhouse near you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer Outback steaks to any other chain steakhouse which includes Texas Roadhouse which I've been to quite a few times, never heard of The Keg.

They certainly aren't a great steak, but the food is good and IMO about as good as you should expect for < $25/person from a chain. If you don't like their steak for whatever reason, almost everyone I know ends up getting the Alice Springs Chicken 90% of the time they don't want steak.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 PM

I believe I had the best steak I ever ate at a "the Keg". Funny, I was in Texas and I found out later that "the Keg" is a Canadian franchise.

The steak was unbelievable. I asked the maitre'd how they cooked it to the same "doneness" all the way through, and he told me they use some kind of patented, "slanted" grill and they place the steak at a certain place on the grill based on what "doneness" it's supposed to be.

Of course, that was like a $50 filet. Outback is pretty decent for a $15 steak, so you get what you pay for.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it when year old threads get bumped and the first few people don't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanna know why they get bumped like this?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing some OOT research on sinus stuff, and the word sinus pulled up this thread. I decided to take a look at it, and figured this would be a better place to ask the butter question than starting a brand new thread. That way the thread has additional content in case people may be interested in something else. Seems like a better move than just making a standalone Outback butter thread. Also, I wanted to let people know about the Clam Chowder if they didn't already, and it looks like at least one person didn't.

I have decided to go to Outback today and investigate the butter.

It looks like they have even more new stuff - the menu now includes an appetizer I haven't seen before:

Seared Ahi Tuna
Sashimi style Yellow Fin tuna, spice rubbed and seared. Served with sides of soy dressing and wasabi vinaigrette.

I don't remember them having this chipotle creamed corn side either..

edited to add the seared tuna info..
Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing some OOT research on sinus stuff, and the word sinus pulled up this thread. I decided to take a look at it, and figured this would be a better place to ask the butter question than starting a brand new thread. That way the thread has additional content in case people may be interested in something else. Seems like a better move than just making a standalone Outback butter thread. Also, I wanted to let people know about the Clam Chowder if they didn't already, and it looks like at least one person didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can dig that. i was just curious
Old 01-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Wow, I never knew people hated Outback so much. Sure, it's a chain, but I think they burn a pretty good steak. Not as good as Morton's or whatever, but pretty good.

Buncha snobs on here.