Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: 5/10NL - K4s flush draw turns TP

[ QUOTE ]
The reasons for calling don't seem that sound, in my eyes. Maybe somebody can convince me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's got a wide range that we're probably not that far behind (if we actually ARE behind). we're getting a decent price and can probably extract enough to make taking one off +EV just to hit flush outs (he'll pay off a bet if he has a set and we turn a flush, for example).

my flop plan was to peel one card and check/fold if i didn't improve.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as played, I don't think a c/r AI is automatic. He's very rarely calling worse, and never folding better. Whether or not to push depends a lot on his bet size.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thinking was that i'd like to either get it in or see the river for free. checking the turn gives me the chance...since pretty much any bet he makes will pot commit him.

does the fact that we would run it twice in this game make any difference in opinions?

his stack is $665 after the flop raise. in the actual hand he bet $360 on the turn, then i moved all-in.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reasons for calling don't seem that sound, in my eyes. Maybe somebody can convince me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's got a wide range that we're probably not that far behind (if we actually ARE behind). we're getting a decent price and can probably extract enough to make taking one off +EV just to hit flush outs (he'll pay off a bet if he has a set and we turn a flush, for example).

my flop plan was to peel one card and check/fold if i didn't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hard to quantify I guess, but I'm thinking that the times that he fills up, and we can't get away, the times he has the NFD, and all of the times when we don't win enough to back up the play, when he gets away, shift this to a fold, IMO.

I suppose that the times when we stack his lower flush might shift it back, but it just seems like nobody ever folds a bare flush draw, anymore, and I think that it's a leak.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:36 PM

hmm running it twice shouldnt make a difference in ev.

btw why do u have big betting range on the flop? i m sure i wouldnt but maybe i m too nitty in multiway pots.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm running it twice shouldnt make a difference in ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, no difference in EV, but it gives people a piece of mind which affects their play. people are more willing to get it all-in with marginal hands knowing that they'll have extra chances to at least get their money back.

[ QUOTE ]
btw why do u have big betting range on the flop? i m sure i wouldnt but maybe i m too nitty in multiway pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

because aggression wins pots, flop bets are cheap, and deception has a lot of value on the flop. it's part of a metagame thing...