Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: CAZ top set on river

[ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I missed the straight possibility. Although against many in that game I 3bet/fold.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting in 3bets when youre an underdog is not a good idea so If I were you Nate I would stop this habit.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Theres nothing to think about here. The pot's too big to fold and 3betting would be major spewage so just call and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: hero is getting 16:2 - which is 8:1 immediate odds without closing the action. In the best case scenario the hero will get 9:1 with implied odds, possibly 1 bet more

2: The hero is good here around 5% of the time at best. The hero needs to win 12% of the time for calling to be positive EV if you apply Bayes Therm.

In my view this is a CLEAR fold.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, TT you messed this one up. First of all, he's getting 17:1 (and he IS closing the action). Secondly, it's an EASY call. I wouldn't 3-bet because of the two draws that made it (both a straight and flush, making a river raise less likely to be just a set/2-pair), but I wouldn't fold either. Folding here is pretty horrible, but thinking it's "clear" is even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I really screwed this up. I read it as hero is third to act with a better and a raiser, forcing the hero to cold call two (dyslexia time!). Absolutely I am calling this!

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were facing a bet and a raise on this board, I would say "[censored] that" and complain, and whine, then eventually fold and hate it, but knowing it's right.

For the record, I don't think you are retarded [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Theres nothing to think about here. The pot's too big to fold and 3betting would be major spewage so just call and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: hero is getting 16:2 - which is 8:1 immediate odds without closing the action. In the best case scenario the hero will get 9:1 with implied odds, possibly 1 bet more

2: The hero is good here around 5% of the time at best. The hero needs to win 12% of the time for calling to be positive EV if you apply Bayes Therm.

In my view this is a CLEAR fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, TT you messed this one up. First of all, he's getting 17:1 (and he IS closing the action). Secondly, it's an EASY call. I wouldn't 3-bet because of the two draws that made it (both a straight and flush, making a river raise less likely to be just a set/2-pair), but I wouldn't fold either. Folding here is pretty horrible, but thinking it's "clear" is even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I really screwed this up. I read it as hero is third to act with a better and a raiser, forcing the hero to cold call two (dyslexia time!). Absolutely I am calling this!

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were facing a bet and a raise on this board, I would say "[censored] that" and complain, and whine, then eventually fold and hate it, but knowing it's right.

For the record, I don't think you are retarded [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just dyslexic [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]