Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 1+.25 45man A6o on the BTN

[ QUOTE ]
But doesn't that make it more likely that they are going to come over the top, thinking that my raise means I don't want to commit my stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to see this differently. A push might seem that you are trying for a blind-steal and don't want to be called. A raise to t1,000 might look like a stronger hand that actually wants to be called. If you had a premium hand, would you push here (very possibly running out the other players) or make a raise of 2x-3xBB to build a pot but give good enough pot odds to encourage a caller (especially the BB)? Make the bet you would make with a big pocket pair or AK, and a perceptive player may be likely to put you on a strong hand. Make an all-in bet that looks like you're stealing, and a perceptive player will almost surely call with any hand that is ahead of you, and might call with a hand that would fold if he thought you were very strong, a hand like 44 that is ahead of you, or a hand like QJo that you are slightly ahead of but don't necessarily want to play against for your tournament life.