Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 PM

Default 1+.25 45man A6o on the BTN

Time to finish off my questions with the rest of the tourney. So far, everyone has been a huge help and I thank you all!

Table is 6 handed because we are almost at the final table.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t200/t400
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t960
UTG+1: t9010
CO: t2435
Hero: t4828
SB: t14042
BB: t12470

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero...

This is another weakness in my game. Stack sizes are getting small, basically push/fold. My hand isn't that great, but a lot of times I fold here and let the blinds continue to eat me.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 1+.25 45man A6o on the BTN

Push. On the FT bubble the big stacks might mess with a raise from you, but not a push. Then again, I don't know how they're playing. Any reads?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 PM

I was gonna say raise to t1000 and fold to a push...

But I think I kinda like TBM's reasoning more.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Bigstacks haven't been bullying the table. They have been sitting back and waiting for their own spots. If I remember right, BB is the guy who has been stealing alot from my previous hands, but since getting the BIG stack, he has slowed down.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 PM

Push
Old 01-25-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bigstacks haven't been bullying the table. They have been sitting back and waiting for their own spots. If I remember right, BB is the guy who has been stealing alot from my previous hands, but since getting the BIG stack, he has slowed down.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, I like raising it to t1000 and folding to a push.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't that make it more likely that they are going to come over the top, thinking that my raise means I don't want to commit my stack?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't that make it more likely that they are going to come over the top, thinking that my raise means I don't want to commit my stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

If these guys are sitting back and waiting for there spots or have slowed down now that they have a big stack they are only going to raise you with good hands. Do you see why Fiks said what he did now?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If these guys are sitting back and waiting for there spots or have slowed down now that they have a big stack they are only going to raise you with good hands. Do you see why Fiks said what he did now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, it makes sense, but 1000 chips is also like 20% of my stack, so should I just get my FE in there now?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it because they will a/i r/r with their good hands which allows us to dump our steal attempt? I would have pushed but reading this makes me think about it some more. If these guys are only pushing back with their best hands a raise could be ok.

If we raise and fold to a push we are left in a tough spot stack wise tho, I still think I push hoping they fold better hands....but obviously go busto when they call with a MUCH better hand (which really isn't hard here).