Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Hows my line? 1010 in SB

Don't second guess yourself against players who raise 2.5bb from MP with J6s. A PF re-raise isn't a bad line either (as Shaundeeb intially mentioned)

Just don't let the way donkeys play hands against you affect your good judgement on hands in the future.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM

This is the same type of hand that I was up against last night. It was folded around to the sb who completed to me in the bb. Holding A10 I reraised him 3x bb. He just called. The flop was all rags, and he put in the min. bet. I just raised the size of the pot and he called. Turn was a 6. He checked again and I fired another bullet and he called. By this time, I know I'm beat, so after he checked back to me I just checked figuring that I have no clue what he has and I have A high and have already invested half of my chips. He won the hand, showing J6o, taking it down when his 6 hit on the turn. Couldn't find another time to get my chips into a pot against him unfortunetly and he went out a bit later after see-sawing for a bit.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't second guess yourself against players who raise 2.5bb from MP with J6s. A PF re-raise isn't a bad line either (as Shaundeeb intially mentioned)

[/ QUOTE ]

How often should I be reraising:calling from the SB in this situation ie. with a raise coming from late middle position?

To me, in this type of early stage, I would probably say call 80%, raise 20%, but then when I think what I would do with JJ in the same situation, I think I reraise 80% and call 20%, and conversely, with 99, I reraise 10% and call 90%.

That makes me think I should probably be more like 50:50 to callig or raising here with 1010.

What do people think their calling to reraising percentages look like for 99-JJ in this situation?

Comments on mine very welcome
Thanks
Old 01-24-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How often should I be reraising:calling from the SB in this situation ie. with a raise coming from late middle position?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this stage of the tournament I play TT for set/overpair value. In other words, the percentages of raise/call are not as important as what I do after the flop.

I'm not crazy about this flop, since there an overcard to my pocket pair. Early in a tourny it's easy to get away from a hand like this. I probably call PF, put in a 1/2 pot sized bet after he checks to me, and when he calls, I'm not investing anything else in the pot unless I turn a T.

My ideal flop here is AT5 cause then you stack anyone with AT+, KQ, KJ, or QJ.