Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Post Sites You\'ve Made and How You\'ve Made Them!

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.dipsetgang.com/

i made it for 20 buck a month from web.com ithink

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the worst web site i've ever seen. none of the words are spelled right and it's probably the worst design ever. please tell me this is a joke or something.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:02 PM

its a ebay thing i started this week i make a few thousand a month but just started this

lol coming from a %@# named BiCuriousGeorge
Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its a ebay thing i started this week i make a few thousand a month but just started this

lol coming from a %@# named BiCuriousGeorge

[/ QUOTE ]

well it makes sense if it's mostly an ebay thing since people mostly don't look at your site ( which is the worst site ever ).
Old 01-23-2007, 11:21 PM

http://www.icanimate.com
Quick tagline-"Ever wanted to create an animation but never had the ability to before? Want to do it for free? Than sign up and download our free animation creation tool at icanimate.com and start creating and watching animations online today!"

This was my high school senior year first semester independent project. I coded everything in Notepad 2 mainly so I wouldn't have to debug stupid typo's so often(that often occur when I just use the normal notpad [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). I've been working on it for about 6 months and is mostly finished but still has some work to be done.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM

This site was less to make money than a self-training exercise to learn about the process of monetizing a site using CafePress and Adwords.

http://no4class.com

Straight HTML, I learned the basics of an interesting open source graphics package called GIMP for editing the image (a basketball shot with my 6MP camera), link to CafePress which also gets me a free newsletter.

Potential revenue: $1.25 for a button, $10/10, $45 if some disgruntled booster buys a 100-pack to pass out at a tournament game. Marginal chance at a buck or two if they hit the cafepress or godaddy ads and follow through.

Cost to create the site: $7 for the domain, $2.25 for a sample button to check the artwork. I already had hosting space.

Cost to advertise the site: $8 to mail a printout of the site with the URL on it to 20 influential high school sportswriters across Illinois (most of the media agrees with me), $10 adwords budget on about 50 phrases involving mostly leading baskeball programs across the state.

The site itself is a throwaway. My real plan is to use this site as an example for a different site: how to build single-issue protest sites on the cheap. I'll probably do that as a blogger blog just because it's simple to manage that way. That's where I can shove in affiliate links to GoDaddy, CafePress, a site for a digital camera, a couple of get rich quick e-books from clickbank, etc.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 PM

My latest effort. Simple blogger site. $0 spent so far.

http://waiverwire.blogspot.com

Fantasy Baseball site with primary focus on picking one starting pitcher and one relief pitcher that are available in most leagues each day. Once I get more traffic I'm planning to monetize this by running affiliate ads for fantasy baseball sites, tickets to baseball games, baseball books, etc.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:17 PM

http://infoforfreeipods.blogspot.com/ is made just with Blogger. I'm driving a small amount of traffic with a PPC campaign with 7search and doing minimal word-of-mouth with myspace and blogging. This was my first site for the purpose of money, and I learned a lot researching and preparing it. I don't expect it to make a whole lot in any short amount of time, but it has made a few bucks in the few days it has been up.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My latest effort. Simple blogger site. $0 spent so far.

http://waiverwire.blogspot.com

Fantasy Baseball site with primary focus on picking one starting pitcher and one relief pitcher that are available in most leagues each day. Once I get more traffic I'm planning to monetize this by running affiliate ads for fantasy baseball sites, tickets to baseball games, baseball books, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

An idea that I've had for years but don't have time to figure out how to deploy while maintaining all the necessary licensing agreements that the MLBPA might have to use player names in a contest... so I'll offer it to the group in hopes that somebody can figure out what to do with it:

A grand slam is a reasonably rare event in baseball, in that there's always a year with one, but it's not like there's one every day. Set up a "skins game" format where a number of points can be earned if you pick the guy who hits a grand slam that day. If nobody hits one, or somebody hits one and nobody had that player the points roll over. If 1+ people had the player, they split the points evenly. Have the base point value go up over the course of the season (maybe 2x points for interleague play, 5x for September, and 10x for the all star game), and a 10x multiplier if a pitcher hits one and somebody picked him. Let people pick three hitters and a pitcher, let them change every week (a reason to come to your site). Get their email for a newsletter.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://infoforfreeipods.blogspot.com/ is made just with Blogger. I'm driving a small amount of traffic with a PPC campaign with 7search and doing minimal word-of-mouth with myspace and blogging. This was my first site for the purpose of money, and I learned a lot researching and preparing it. I don't expect it to make a whole lot in any short amount of time, but it has made a few bucks in the few days it has been up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice site. A couple of suggestions:
If you're really going to have it be a one page site, you might want to just get a .com domain and a low-rent (free?) one-page hosting plan. Blogger's software will eventually nail you for being a spam site if you don't keep on adding content. I had that happen to me with a legitimate vacation blog I was playing with last year but where I hadn't actually taken the trip yet so there was only one post. I had to send them an email explaining that I really was going to add content, and when a human at blogger read my site he turned it on.

If you have another blog someplace that has a fair amount of content, sign up for commission junction and toss some credit card offers under the google ads.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the warning about the bloggers software. What did they do put a hold on your blog?