Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Re: $10/20 Stud 8/b - Value raise on the end with Aces up?

I seriously would just let it go on fourth. I don't mind betting into him if he catches a low card that isnt so good, but that card is about as good as it gets.

Since you got to the river, I think a checkraise is pretty much player dependent. Most players wont pay you off with two worse pair in this spot, but if the guy really is bad, then I don't see the harm in it. I think calling a raise would be absurd though.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:25 AM

Dude, almost all stud8 games have a very low ante in comparision to the stakes. This includes the PP 10-20. You should play really tight in these games. That is how you win the money bro.

I dont play 10-20, I play 2-4 and 3-6 so I dont understand the dynamics of the 10-20 on PP but I do know for sure that I am winning the money in the games I am playing implementing my 15 VPIP style. Basically, scags made a post a about a month or so ago about basically just playing really really tight in stud8 games, and I had been thinking about that even before he made the post and I can tell you that since then I have been beating my games playing super super tight. I dont have a big sample but I am pretty sure that this is the way to beat these games. We arent playing 500-1000 witha 100 ante against solid players. We play low stakes against idiots. Play tight and make the money.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:46 AM

Your check behind on 6th is atrocious.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We arent playing 500-1000 witha 100 ante against solid players. We play low stakes against idiots. Play tight and make the money.

[/ QUOTE ] Word! It's a mixed bag at 10/20 but there's enough weak players to make me think I'm out of my mind for trying to outplay any of them, especially at a limit game. I see so many mistakes, I simply play stronger fundamentals than them and there's my profit - so it's not that flashy - truth is I'd rather play in a more exciting fashion, but I've adjusted my game with very good results.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:28 AM

check/fold 4th at 1/2, 10/20, and 100/200. You can talk all you want about steals and resteals--you put 2 bets in a small pot with nothing against someone who just caught perfect.

Bet 6th, you are a favorite.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:52 AM

3rd:Looks right.

4th:I would check & fold.One way hands don't play well heads up,& even though the clubs look good,you really have nothing.

6th:Bet.Your hand is likely to be best.

River:I don't think the raise is correct.He's not likely to bet & call with a worse high hand.From your description of him,if he re-raised,I guess you have to call,hoping he only has a low.I don't think this call will work out very often at all,however.

If he calls you on the river,I think you will split it almost all of the time.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:50 PM

Your hand on third street is pretty dubious, but this is an obvious steal. On fourth, you caught OK, but the other guy caught perfect. Check and fold. Betting into him is just ridiculous. Fifth is fine. Bet sixth. If he had two pair, he would bet. You almost have to have the edge here. On the river, I think you can only call. I doubt that he'd bet two small pair for value with all those big cards on your board. Obviously, he could easily have made a low. I don't see you scooping this puppy.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:48 PM

I was going to reply, but then I saw a guy with the handle blumpkin already said it. life is funny [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. . .