Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Re: protein shakes/ power - taste

[ QUOTE ]
So uh, I just went to http://www.allthewhey.com/ and what does this mean: "Recent research shows that it’s best to consume whey protein two hours before exercising - after exercising, within two hours or less. This is the time when the body needs protein the most."?

And which do I get, the isolate, the protein blend, or the protein powder?

Like I said, mostly looking to bulk up. I don't think my body is really capable of being fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comsume a high protien, high carb (dextrose), shake within 90 minutes after working out. Pre workout, its up to you what you want to eat, I prefer a high protein lower slow digesting carb, small-meal. As far as blend/isolate/powder, if it is a casein/whey blend go with that, otherwise just get the the plain whey powder. The best way to bulk is to eat a lot of high calorie, good for you foods, nuts/meat/oatmeal/pb/etc
Old 01-30-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as blend/isolate/powder, if it is a casein/whey blend go with that, otherwise just get the the plain whey powder.

[/ QUOTE ]http://www.allthewhey.com/products/index.asp

Just pick it for me. I see the word "casein" thrown around in there a lot, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about.

Edit: after reading some amazon.com comments I got this
Old 01-30-2006, 10:30 AM

nature's best isopure protein - good stuff
Old 01-30-2006, 11:08 AM

Should I start taking this stuff?

I started lifting a little over 3 months ago. However, like Grey, I don't want to add any fat. I'm 6'0" and 180, but I still have a few lbs of fat around the waist to lose.

Also, I'm not sure how much I should be eating...I want to build muscle, but lose fat at the same time...

Thanks.

-Craig
Old 01-30-2006, 11:31 AM

http://www.allthewhey.com/Products/p...tail.asp?PL=CC
Old 01-30-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I start taking this stuff?

I started lifting a little over 3 months ago. However, like Grey, I don't want to add any fat. I'm 6'0" and 180, but I still have a few lbs of fat around the waist to lose.

Also, I'm not sure how much I should be eating...I want to build muscle, but lose fat at the same time...

Thanks.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

i recommend it

check this site out for info on what you should be eating.. also try reading their forums, there is a lot of good information on their website.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i use designer whey powder, mixing it in oj - tastes like a creamcicle, albeit a mildly gag-inducing one. not too bad but im thinking theres gotta be better products or methods.

any recomendations on brands and mixers?

[/ QUOTE ]

designer whey = overpriced.
This is very good - the best choc protein I've tried, and I've tried a lot.

To enhance taste and add a thicken up a shake add this.

This can help too if you have a sweet tooth.

Waring makes excellent blenders as well. Stainless steel is the way to go.
I love this one.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a workout thread?

Here's what I've been doing recently, looking for input.

Background: I'm a very small-boned guy (waise size twenty friggin nine), fairly thin with a little bit of fat. I'm looking to bulk up in a way that is visible with my shirt on, and get rid of that fat.

I've been doing strictly a dumbell workout for the past few months, and I think I'm plateauing.

I workout every other day, and every two weeks I alternate my workout (although I still work out the same muscle groups).

For example, using this site, I do flat press for chest the first two weeks, then flies the other two weeks. I only work chest, back, shoulders, biceps and trapezius. However I take quite a bit of time (like 5-10 minutes sometimes) between sets while I browse on the internet and such. Is this really that bad?

Also the only real change to my diet I've introduced is taking a multivitamin/multimineral. I eat lean cuisine, frozen lean pockets, pastas, subway, cereals, hot dogs, pretzels, rice cakes, tuna salad sandwiches, and a little bit of fruit mostly. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein shakes and drinking one after each workout, but beyond that I don't really know what else to do. Is it healthy to become more reliant than that on whey protein shakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eat a lot more.
Also, eat a lot more.
Peanut butter, almonds,
whole wheat bread - lots and lots of carbs. LOTS.
(not enriched whole wheat is hard to fine, if there are less than 10 you've done good )

As far was workout - Deadlifts, Squats, Bench.
Search this forum, there have been many other threads. I remember jakethebake knew what he was talking about.