Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Have you seen exagerated preflop raises in 2/5 NL?

[ QUOTE ]
At the Borgata I used to play 1/2 NL with a guy who hated pocket aces and kings. Every time he got them he would open raise to $60 or $70, even if no one had limped yet. He would routinely get callers.

-Yarney

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise to $25 in this game with big hands, because I know there's goobers out there who will call. One night the tightest guy at the table (don't even think he played a hand for an hour or so) called one of my $25 raises with pocket 3s and ended up flopping a set to bust my Aces.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:58 PM

Last night at the 2/5 someone opened with a $50 bet UTG. I was in the BB with 44 and 3 other players with decent stacks called. So of course i had to call $45 more.

Flop came KKx all the money went in and K10 lost his whole stack to UTG's AK. Serves K10 right. Man i love poker.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:05 PM

yeah, i think one of the things you're trying to do in no-limit is take your odds to win a hand and try and get people to stick as much money in there as possible while they're getting the worst of it...

last night i sit down at 1/2 200 max one hour before winstar closes and there are only 5 other players. very first hand i get AKo and make it 50 to go after two limpers. OTB thinks a minute, and then calls. i hit an A and bet out 100. he thought long and hard, and finally folded.

mflo
Old 02-11-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the Borgata I used to play 1/2 NL with a guy who hated pocket aces and kings. Every time he got them he would open raise to $60 or $70, even if no one had limped yet. He would routinely get callers.

-Yarney

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise to $25 in this game with big hands, because I know there's goobers out there who will call. One night the tightest guy at the table (don't even think he played a hand for an hour or so) called one of my $25 raises with pocket 3s and ended up flopping a set to bust my Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sekrah returns! From the MS Paint thread in OOT: