Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: GSWarrios/Pacers 8 player trade

[ QUOTE ]
What's my point? That averaging a double-double doesnt necessarily make you an impact/valuable player.

[/ QUOTE ] bwahahahahahaha way to shred that argument to pieces. Your analysis is to great for anyone of us to respond to!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:56 AM

Zach Randolph and Kenny Thomas do not belong in a sentance with Dampier and Maglorie. Randolph was coming off of Microfractre surjury last year, and it showed. This year he has regained his stud status averaging 25 and 10. Averaging 25 pts a game doesn't classify you as a 'jobber.' No way in the world Kenny Thomas has a large contract, no way.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's my point? That averaging a double-double doesnt necessarily make you an impact/valuable player.

[/ QUOTE ] bwahahahahahaha way to shred that argument to pieces. Your analysis is to great for anyone of us to respond to!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Troll. Nice insight.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way in the world Kenny Thomas has a large contract, no way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenny Thomas has 3 more years and $24 million on his contract.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:04 AM

Barnes plays more minutes at SF, and Harrington played a lot of minutes at SF too
Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]dude, you have no insight

Look at 2003.

You list 3 sick players and 2 players that played on bad teams. One of which, Grant, played on a horrid team.

I see 4 players that you could MAYBE point to and say weren't great, except with someone like Kenny Thomas, you can easily point to their two best players missing a combined 70 games in 2004.

Boozer throws up a double double in his second season, which is Lebrons first season. BTW, Boozer is a legit MVP candidate this season.

Dampier had a career season on another abysmal Warriors team

Magloire, who averaged a double double over his career, but hasn't played on a good team ever.

Brad Miller. Not sure why you list him as a point. In 2004 he was one of the best centers in the league.

The rest of your list of 2004 do nothing to prove your "point". They are all legit players.

Murphy and Thomas are the only "odd balls", except well Murphy doesn't suck and Thomas played on a [censored] team.

I don't see how you can write off a player that has averaged a double double for more than one season. Bottom line, they are huge impact players.

Also, you neglect to mention several players. You point out a few example and use that as proof. Look deeper at duncan. Nash. Camby. If you are averaging double digits in two different categories, you are doing a lot to help your team win, bottom line.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at 2003.

You list 3 sick players and 2 players that played on bad teams. One of which, Grant, played on a horrid team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly my point. Averaging a double-double doesn't make you a "sick player." The shittiness of your supporting cast (as in the case of Murphy and Grant) can cause a spike in your numbers.

[ QUOTE ]

I see 4 players that you could MAYBE point to and say weren't great, except with someone like Kenny Thomas, you can easily point to their two best players missing a combined 70 games in 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]
At what point in Murphy's GSW career did he have to share his rebounding stats with other "star players" on the team?

[ QUOTE ]
Boozer throws up a double double in his second season, which is Lebrons first season. BTW, Boozer is a legit MVP candidate this season.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never complained about Boozer.

[ QUOTE ]
Dampier had a career season on another abysmal Warriors team

[/ QUOTE ]
Which I agree with. What makes Dampier's and Fortson's double-double season an anamoly and Murphy's three seasons so special?

[ QUOTE ]
Magloire, who averaged a double double over his career, but hasn't played on a good team ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Magloire has career averages of 9.5ppg and 7.8rbg. He's been traded twice, once for Desmond Mason and more recently for Steve Blake. What a stud of a big man.

[ QUOTE ]
Brad Miller. Not sure why you list him as a point. In 2004 he was one of the best centers in the league. The rest of your list of 2004 do nothing to prove your "point". They are all legit players.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also had no complaints about Brad Miller's season. I was simply listing all the players who averaged a double-double for a complete season.

[ QUOTE ]

Murphy and Thomas are the only "odd balls", except well Murphy doesn't suck and Thomas played on a [censored] team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Murphy does indeed suck. His numbers are no different than Danny Fortson's or Erick Dampier's. His stats are a product of the GSW system and general shittiness of their big men for the past few years.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can write off a player that has averaged a double double for more than one season. Bottom line, they are huge impact players.

Also, you neglect to mention several players. You point out a few example and use that as proof. Look deeper at duncan. Nash. Camby.

[/ QUOTE ]
Duncan and Camby didn't qualify because they didn't play in enough games. Also, I only compiled a list of ppg/rbg double-doubles, so that excluded Nash.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are averaging double digits in two different categories, you are doing a lot to help your team win, bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]
The GSWarrios W-L record in the 3 years Murphy averaged a double-double: 106-140.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of Alaska, whatever happened to Trajen(sp?) Langdon?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing that will soon happen to JJ Reddick (and I'm an Orl fan [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])
Old 01-18-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
speaking of Alaska, whatever happened to Trajen(sp?) Langdon?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing that will soon happen to JJ Reddick (and I'm an Orl fan [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

hes playing very well in europe.

i actually think langdon will eventually come back over like anthony parker and be a decent player.

redick is pretty terrible though.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 AM

so essentially your point is Murphy's, Fortson, and Dampier's double doubles are a product of the system they played in?