Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 99, Bay 101 100

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has been kinda disappointing.

Where have all the posters gone? Is this hand just super boring?

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason there are so few replies is that it's really hard to tell you whether raising/folding or maybe even calling is the better play without knowing anything about these players, your image, the dynamics of the table, etc. this is a very read dependent decision and it's hard to say anything with the info you've provided.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason there are so few replies is that it's really hard to tell you whether raising/folding or maybe even calling is the better play without knowing anything about these players, your image, the dynamics of the table, etc. this is a very read dependent decision and it's hard to say anything with the info you've provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

....and I've not played 1/2.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:21 PM

Turn call is fine.

On the river I probably fold since I think you are almost always behind there.

As others have mentioned though, raising the river is interesting and could be a good play against the right player.

A lot of it depends on who your opponent is and your current image (i.e. winning or stuck). I've played in that game a fair amount, and may be able to offer you more specific advice if you want to let me know who your opponent was.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture your normal online 20/40 game, only get rid of the really tight guys and turn the big bet street aggression down a tad.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:00 PM

If you're concerned about him putting a move on you, why don't you raise the turn and check through the river? Yes, it does suck to get 3-bet, but I think the meta value out-weighs the risks.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture your normal online 20/40 game, only get rid of the really tight guys and turn the big bet street aggression down a tad.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that context, I'd lean towards a fold. As W.Deranged pointed out, the turn BB donk bet could've been motivated by the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. There's not yet a reason to get out of line in this game and this hand is perhaps not the best spot to start making a move.

With no history with these people, there's no great motivation to raise here, although you put a lot of pressure on many hands which beat you. If you think these guys are looking at you like a shot taker, a raise could be the best play. Your meta game and image change quite a bit with this move here if you need to show down and it may be for the better. That may rule out the call but promote the raise.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're concerned about him putting a move on you, why don't you raise the turn and check through the river? Yes, it does suck to get 3-bet, but I think the meta value out-weighs the risks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bad board for it because his range is everything which leaves you possibly folding some combination of the best hand or 9 outs.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM

what a great spot to raise the river.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what a great spot to raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with this. Raising the river is the first thought that entered my mind when I read the op.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I definitely wasn't referring to your post (which covered all of the important stuff to consider). Wish I had a better read, but I basically told you everything I knew. Guess I could add that villain was a 30ish muscular Asian dude, but I'm becoming less and less inclined to stereotype--particularly at Bay101 where almost half the room fits that descrition.