Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re:DeathDonkey

Quote:"Your hand is face up because you forgot to bet the flop."

This is a very astute analysis.Thank you.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:"Your hand is face up because you forgot to bet the flop."

This is a very astute analysis.Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are good reasons not to bet the flop since it connects with a lot of holdings. Hence if PJ felt a check was required then a c/r is mandetory when CO bets. This also avoids announcing "AK!" to the table through deception.

note - this is not a play I would use all the time.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 03:38 PM

I thought about checkraising, but MP is so aggressive that I didn't want to walk into a 3-bet. She doesn't give up on pots easily, as I kind of mentioned in my read.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: I check and call and fold... all on the flop

No cap preflop, and it's close to a fold on the flop. The problem is that you need to flop something to your AK to have a chance. If the flop were JT5r, I would play for a bet on the flop. But without a spade, I'm giving this one up. Preflop, I usually fold AQo in this spot in the SB facing a threebet.

Right to give it up on the flop after the three-bet.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No cap preflop, and it's close to a fold on the flop. The problem is that you need to flop something to your AK to have a chance. If the flop were JT5r, I would play for a bet on the flop. But without a spade, I'm giving this one up. Preflop, I usually fold AQo in this spot in the SB facing a threebet.

Right to give it up on the flop after the three-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

A hyper-aggro player raises and a probably thinking player 3bets and you don't want to cap? Your hand is a monster in this spot.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 AM

Capping this preflop from the SB = you are pretty darn sure you have the best hand. I don't see any reason to check this flop except to make pp<10 maybe stick around for the river. Last time I checked you are tall and white, you gotta just bet this once you cap pf.

That said I would not cap preflop because you got a potential girl-on-girl pissing contest you can float TPTK to the river with, and/or fold happily on the flop or turn if it whiffs.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:25 AM

So nobody thinks that JTx flop helped a ton of hands I was ahead of PF? Especially with the two spades and me having none. All of a sudden I'm behind your standard any-two-broadway holding except AQ. I think betting a JT flop OOP with AK into two aggressive players is just unwise.

FWIW, I was firing on a ton of other missed flops, like T52, 984, 766, etc.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So nobody thinks that JTx flop helped a ton of hands I was ahead of PF? Especially with the two spades and me having none. All of a sudden I'm behind your standard any-two-broadway holding except AQ. I think betting a JT flop OOP with AK into two aggressive players is just unwise.

FWIW, I was firing on a ton of other missed flops, like T52, 984, 766, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big so you don't have to be ahead very often. The maniac probably won't have broadway type hands all that often. I assume she's raising stuff like K7 right?

The 3 bettor often has you beat, but a decent size of his range should be pocket pairs < TT which will fold on the flop, and if that happens it's great for you. Also KQ and AQ are behind you still, and even though those aren't folding, betting probably gives you the best chance of getting to showdown against those types of hands since a thinking player probably won't be giving you too much resistance after you 4bet from the blinds(specifically with your image).

If you're behind you'll often have about 7 outs to improve to the best hand, and occasionally as many as ten, which means your bet can't be that bad even in those spots.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:46 PM

As DD said, your hand is face-up right now, by not betting out on the flop. Plus, I think it would be nice to see the turn as cheaply as possible. I think that betting out may slow down the action here, or cause the HJ to raise where you can pop it and isolate, much as the CO did.