Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Poll
Yes 25 83.33%
No 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Rate your level of self-loathing

where is the I don't give a [censored] options [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 03:43 PM

I was one of the people who had the highest amount of serious disorders on the personality test, so this applies to me but I'll explain my answers, which I'm sure many will find familiar.

1. Moderatly dissatisfied. - On of my personality quirks is that I'm never happy with my success level. If I stop and think about it I have a pretty decent life, but I always feel it could be better so I find something to pick apart.

2. This is bad question. It should be a scale from 1 - 6. I voted Yes, just because it's more true then not., but I don't feel that way about everyone by a long shot. On a scale of 1 being most misanthropic and 6 being least I'd probably vote 2.5 or so.

3. Yes. I consider that I do, but maybe I don't. I always want to improve. It's good and bad. Good because I work on improving, but bad because I'm probably worrying about or working on stuff that isn't that important. No time to stop and smell the roses.

4. Sometimes. I can't do it constantly because it always seems like there is so much to do, that it becomes daunting.

So why do I think this way? I'd say it's mainly a lack of positive reinforce and encouragement when I was young. Pretty common problem. I never feel that I'm good enough, because nobody ever told me I was. Many people have this problem. I often wonder what my attitude and life would be like if my parents knew what they were doing. It's not something that really bothers me though. It least it gave me some drive to improve and not be satisfied with next to nothing.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:46 PM

does booze constitute "self-medicating"???

If it is... I'm basically a pharmacist.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm curious about the people who responded in the extremes to questions one and four, particularly those on the positive ends. Who is almost completely satisfied with his life? Why? Have you always been this way (i.e. is it a state of mind or a consequence of events, in your view)? And what sort of energy, drive, and attitude is required to "almost always" try to correct your flaws?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 PM

CJ:

I'm pretty [censored] happy with my life right now.

I'll be even happier when I get to VA.

I have a low opinion of other people because time and time again they prove to me their relative stupidity. However, I do tend to treat people very well, especially if I don't know them. So it's kinda a wash.

As far as looking at my flaws, I am working on that. I know them, but sometimes it's a pain in the ass to make those changes.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Shajen --

1. The misanthropy question was a poor one, because I recognize that there are a lot of people who loathe stupids but don't value their lives less or refuse to acknowledge their humanity or anything. The language was unclear.

2. People who think others are stupid, loathe them, AND treat them poorly are douchebags, not misanthropes.

3. Don't talk about VA or you'll lose all hipster cred. Talk about DC and hope that no one finds out you'll be in NoVa.

(I live in the District but have no hipster cred, so I'm just ball-busting.)

So you were a "as satisfied as I can imagine being within reason"?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CJ:

I'm pretty [censored] happy with my life right now.

I have a low opinion of other people because time and time again they prove to me their relative stupidity. However, I do tend to treat people very well, especially if I don't know them.

[/ QUOTE ]

appreciate you doing the typing for me
Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 PM

1. My life is awesome. I make a lot of money ($400k+) and am just getting started. My business lost money in '04 and I was a lot less satisfied but still happy because I knew I'd be successful. The key to this is making goals and focusing on achieving them. I also have a great girlfriend and have sex twice a day which does wonders for your stress and immunity levels.
2.The vast majority of people are idiots. I cannot help that and I've stopped trying.
3 & 4. I make goals and evaluate past goals and correct my course if I feel like I'm slipping. I rarely drink and have never been drunk. That may explain some things.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:26 PM

1) i am basically having a love affair with myself at all times.
2) no, i think that you can always learn something from other people, even if they're less fortunate then you are.
3&4) i used to, and about a year and a half ago i realized that if i didn't love myself, no one else could either. = beginning of aforementioned love affair with self, self improvement, and current satisfaction//happiness.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) i am basically having a love affair with myself at all times...

...about a year and a half ago i realized that if i didn't love myself, no one else could either. = beginning of aforementioned love affair with self, self improvement, and current satisfaction//happiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was you I'd love myself at least 3 times a day.