Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Re: article that I wrote on AK about 6 months ago...

Interesting stuff. So Daliman, you make your half pot sized bet & opponent pops you back. What do you do?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:45 AM

FWIW - I think curtains showed a lot more restraint than a lot of people would have at the tone and some of the stuff said in Daliman's 1st and 2nd posts. IMO some of it went way beyond "I respectfully disagree with you. Here's why. Now let's have a lively debate."

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what bad advice pays these days?

[/ QUOTE ] How is someone not going to repond negatively to that? Seems like baiting to me.

Just my opinion as a nobody observer. But since this little show was put on for us nobody observers, I don't mind throwing my 2 cents out there. (Edit: when have I ever?)
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting stuff. So Daliman, you make your half pot sized bet & opponent pops you back. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW I realise that that doesn't negate the point of the 1/2 sized pot bet - getting more worse hands to call than the AI would, but I'm presuming in this situation you'd never be interested in laying it down.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:24 AM

btw $20s per tourney in the $215s is very good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I happen to have better results than that now, but it wouldn't be the end of life if it turned out that was my true win rate.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ok general notice:

I apologize for the tone and some of the comments from last post on this thread. I hate when I get all personal about this [censored] but sometimes it happens. Both myself and Daliman have very big ego's (feel free to correct me Dali if you disagree). The fact of the matter is it doesn't make me feel good when I get into some flame war with someone (unless they were being wholly inappropriate), and I should really try to stop doing it.

Dali, I have no problem with you finding hands/analysis that you disagree with me on and posting it, but cmon I think anyone who saw your analysis and then read my article, would agree that you were being extremely nitpicky.

The above doesn't bother me so much. What DOES bother me is when you make random comments about how you constantly see me making mitakes when we play together. When you see these mistakes, from now on post them. Don't just make an unqualified statement like that without any evidence to back it up.

I know for sure that I am a winning player at the $215s and from my experience, more of a winning player than basically anyone I know, although my sample size is still not very healthy (only 2500 $215s). Not only do I know my results, but I am constantly documenting them for everyone to see on my blog, thus in the last 1500 sit and gos and for the rest of the future, there is no room for anyone to question whether or not I'm actually being truthful about my results. I am going to take it personally when cryptic comments about how badly I play are made without any evidence to back them up.

Note also that I haven't read Dali's latest post in this thread. I'm kind of embarrassed to read it because I know that some of my comments were childish, and I don't want to see what kind of response they inspired. I'll check them out later when Im in a better mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Apology accepted. I still disagree on it being nitpicky, but that's a big part of whta these forums are for. Obviously, a good portion of my post was busting your balls, which you usually take pretty well, but we all have our bad moments. Lord knows I do.

Also, I have never said I constantly see you making mistakes. I have also never said you play badly. I just don't care for what seems to be a very mechanical style by you, and I may be wrong. I only know that others who play as I think you mostly do struggle mightily at higher levels, so you are obviously doing other things I haven't noticed, which is good, but also I avoid your tables whenever possible, which you don't and I also have a problem with.

Either way, anyone may feel free to post any hand with me they like that they don;t like how I played. Hell, I'm fairly disgusted with myself on 3 or 4 hands I played tonight alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've profited a lot by seeing this brief exchange between you guys, and I encourage you to try to find the right answers to things in the future and bring them out here instead of keeping them to yourselves. You guys do us all a favor when you hash out the facts and make with the opinions of guys who know some stuffs.

Nobody likes to be questioned, and doing so always puts everyone in danger of being irked or irksome, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. The surest way to offend nobody is to never say anything worth hearing. Thanks to both of you for not keeping your ideas to yourselves, even though of course you know that to open ome's mouth is to risk crticism and denigration. You're both sports for sharing your ideas with slobs like me, and I'm grateful. And I hope you keep it up. You're obviously big boys and can handle it, but the real question is just whether you choose to by engaging in dialogue at all.

Thanks for the dialogue! Even if I feel like an outsider to it, sitting in the cheap seats. It's more than the zero I would get if you guys were more interested in protecting your egos than having something worth saying and saying it. So again, bravo, and credit to you for not just sulking or withdrawing from us muggle dullards.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW I realise that that doesn't negate the point of the 1/2 sized pot bet - getting more worse hands to call than the AI would, but I'm presuming in this situation you'd never be interested in laying it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the amounts involved, it seems to me you CAN'T lay it down once you've made that half pot bet. You have nothing left and the pot is huge. Are you really gonna make yourself the shortest stack on the table instead of calling a possible bluff with card(s) yet to come, little to lose, and a big fat pot to gain? The half-pot bet seems a little more enticing to the opponent, but to you, it comes down to the same thing as pushing. The only value seems to be in the enticing, because once you bet even half the pot with stacks this size, your game is basically over if you lose, unless you hit a string of consecutive miracles.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Why won't the link work for me?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why won't the link work for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The site is down. It worked yesterday.