Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Dummy-ended straightened mullets (77)!

[ QUOTE ]
I realize you are probably exaggerating a little with your 99% number to make your point (at least I hope you are). I still think this call down is reasonable though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Villain is 54/12/1.77, that looks aggressive enough for me to make the calldown.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Dummy-ended straightened mullets (77)!

[ QUOTE ]
You're saying a relatively unknown 54/12 player is not going to raise a set, two pair, a bluff or any other hand 1 out of 100 times on this board? I realize you are probably exaggerating a little...

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Scotty,
I would guesstimate more realistically that it occurs considerably less than what the pot odds dictate we ought to call with. The logical reason is that this is a bad board to bluff or semi-bluff at as Hero's bet is almost always a straight and any decent/rational player knows that and will not expect to have any fold equity.

Now if the player is so bad and/or such a Lag/Maniac that he would raise this without the high end of the straight I submit Hero ought to have that read, or else I'd advise him to pay closer attention to the way his opponents play. If the Villain is that way and we're not advised, then to me the post is a trick question that will not get accurate responses.