Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: why do they prohibit \"no-cap\" when heads up?

[ QUOTE ]
Crypto allows unlimited raising HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes it does, and it's a thing of beauty.

I hit the nut flush on the river once, I bet, get raised, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, me puts in 5, he puts in 6, me puts in 7, he types "flush" in the chat box and folds.

Beauty.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM

Because you way too often get to 28-bet your nuts against someone else 32nd nut hand. My win rate on the Crypto tables is significantly higher than anywhere else, and it's much thanks to this to happening on a not as infrequent basis as you'd think. Getting in maybe 15-20 extra big bets every now and then makes a real difference.

Ok, I'll happily go to the felt without the nuts against many players, I don't exactly fear quads on a AQQxx board, where he limped, called my raise and I hold AA and he has a decently high pfr. I'm expecting to be shown some kind of underfull here the vast majority of the times it happens.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if people are smart and only go over 20 bets with the nuts, you'll have a lot of split pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

But who said people are smart?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 AM

so that we all dont sit there forever while 2 [censored] idiots go to war with 80BB stacks over a split pot.

Also cuz why would an online place want some moron to piss all his money off in one hand? then he cant feed the rake
Old 12-07-2005, 03:34 AM

Let's not forget cases where you make a monster when someone else does (quads over quads, or SF vs quads, etc.)

While this happesn EXTREMELY rarely the number of bets you can win in this situation makes it +EV to have unlimited betting HU.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not forget cases where you make a monster when someone else does (quads over quads, or SF vs quads, etc.)

While this happesn EXTREMELY rarely the number of bets you can win in this situation makes it +EV to have unlimited betting HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you just break even in these situations in the long term? It's not like I would ever lay down my quad 4s on a board of 44772.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you just break even in these situations in the long term? It's not like I would ever lay down my quad 4s on a board of 44772.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'll call a 7-bet with them while the other guy will go 30, it's not going to break even.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:41 PM

Absolutely. A LARGE portion of total profit in limit poker comes from uncapped raising when heads up with the nuts.

The ideal situation for the sites would be for everyone to break even in the long run, less the rake.

- Bitterness is joy with a bad attitude
Old 03-11-2006, 02:54 PM

while you and villian are going into your 25th bet in a pot with caped rake with quads over quads, the rest of the table could play another raked hand.

Plus what if someone sits down with 300BB in an uncapped game. They lose quads vs straightflush and are out of their bankroll. I would imagine this is why you can't sit with unlimited money at a NL game also.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:04 PM

I think it would slow down the game too much. In a live game, if two guys have the nut straight on the river, they usually aren't going thirty bets before splitting the pot. They typically go a few and figure out they have the same hand and one of them just calls. Online, I think a lot of people would just go to the felt everytime and the rest of the table would sit there while they raised back and forth for minutes.