Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: My name is Chris..and I suck at $25 NL 6max (kind of long)

[ QUOTE ]
at 25nl 6max people don't play back with trash. they call with trash but rarely if ever play back with trash.

so if someone has a crap hand, they will give you their stack by calling all the way, not by raising you.

when you get raised at 25nl 6max it is a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

op print this post out and stick it on your monitor when you play

fwiw, starting out running bad is better than starting out running too hot and building lots of unrealistic expectations
Old 01-05-2007, 06:28 PM

Haven't read your post in detail, or the rest of the posts, but (trying to work... must resist 2+2... argh...) BUT:

[ QUOTE ]

basically, I am losing a lot of money with my c-bets

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]

then I miss the flop and c-bet for close to the size of the pot..then about 40% of the time it gets called

[/ QUOTE ]

are not compatible. If you bet 2/3 of the pot you make money if your villain folds more than 40% of the time. If you're betting less than the pot and only getting called or played back at 40% of the time you are making money. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you are.

Of course all of this hinges on not spewing off more money if you get called/played back it. Playing past the flop in these spots is harder, but if you c-bet 100% of the time on the flop and gave up after that I still think you would make money doing it at small stakes. Obviously all of this is somewhat opponent dependent as well.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at 25nl 6max people don't play back with trash. they call with trash but rarely if ever play back with trash.

so if someone has a crap hand, they will give you their stack by calling all the way, not by raising you.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, starting out running bad is better than starting out running too hot and building lots of unrealistic expectations

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like me. I ran real hot, thought I was good. I think it stunted my growth as a poker player. I look back at the big hands I won, a lot of times it was because I hit a < 5 outer or coolered someone.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on hand 2..is my preflop/flop/turn play (besides the call of the push) good?...I think it is..the guy was playing so wildly and I was getting good enough ods that I though that my call of the push might even be best..guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd most likely check behind on the turn and call a black card river bet. You have one pair and sometimes even maniacs get hands.

FWIW, you didn't play the hand spew monkey bad. I think your turn bet is an example of a small mistake that leads to an inevitable much larger mistake (getting AI with a losing hand).

This thread explains why I think a fold is best on the turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on hand 2..is my preflop/flop/turn play (besides the call of the push) good?...I think it is..the guy was playing so wildly and I was getting good enough ods that I though that my call of the push might even be best..guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd most likely check behind on the turn and call a black card river bet. You have one pair and sometimes even maniacs get hands.

FWIW, you didn't play the hand spew monkey bad. I think your turn bet is an example of a small mistake that leads to an inevitable much larger mistake (getting AI with a losing hand).

This thread explains why I think a fold is best on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, this has been a pretty interesting thread, thanks OP for posting it.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like me. I ran real hot, thought I was good. I think it stunted my growth as a poker player. I look back at the big hands I won, a lot of times it was because I hit a < 5 outer or coolered someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, this is so true its not even funny. Unless you find that rare good player, just about anytime you get played back at, its pretty good to assume the villian has a good hand
Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let's just hope that I am not actually running hot right now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 06:45 PM

just figured I'd mention, in case anyone is interested, villain in hand 1 is the same villain from the AJs hand I posted..

and villain in hand 2 is the same villain from the KQ hand I just posted

for hand #2..considering the the villain had K7 in that other hand I posted...would that knowledge change your play?..he showed 1 good hand when he was getting aggressive..I could be convident that he probably had another good hand here in hand #2..even with his insane stats?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just figured I'd mention, in case anyone is interested, villain in hand 1 is the same villain from the AJs hand I posted..

and villain in hand 2 is the same villain from the KQ hand I just posted

for hand #2..considering the the villain had K7 in that other hand I posted...would that knowledge change your play?..he showed 1 good hand when he was getting aggressive..I could be convident that he probably had another good hand here in hand #2..even with his insane stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I saw that post but, it's also important to see what hands villain shows down with when he bets big post flop. Just because someone has some weird preflop stats doesn't mean they don't get there money in good alot of the time.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read your post in detail, or the rest of the posts, but (trying to work... must resist 2+2... argh...) BUT:

[ QUOTE ]

basically, I am losing a lot of money with my c-bets

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]

then I miss the flop and c-bet for close to the size of the pot..then about 40% of the time it gets called

[/ QUOTE ]

are not compatible. If you bet 2/3 of the pot you make money if your villain folds more than 40% of the time. If you're betting less than the pot and only getting called or played back at 40% of the time you are making money. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you are.

Of course all of this hinges on not spewing off more money if you get called/played back it. Playing past the flop in these spots is harder, but if you c-bet 100% of the time on the flop and gave up after that I still think you would make money doing it at small stakes. Obviously all of this is somewhat opponent dependent as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also said that I was getting raised a good % of the time as well...I haven't been spewing much after the c-bets since I haven't really gotten into many tricky situations..they mainly just go as I said..I c-bet, they either raise and I fold, or the call, then bet the turn and I fold....so it isn't huge amounts that I am losing..but the ~3-4 losses ($1-$1.5 raise, $2-$3 c-bet) are really adding up, and I am not making up for these losses by hitting hands over this stretch