Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: 5/10 A6o steal in CO getting reraised by button.

i think pf is dependent upon your image and the frequency with which you've been stealing. i'll go against the grain and say i like the turn check/call after the pf and flop action. aggressive players that have taken his line will bet that card 100% of the time whether they are ahead of our hand or not because they are aggressive, semismart and know it's a scarecard. on the end i think b/c sucks; if you bet you must b/f or maybe b/3b if we have much of a read(i really think he has a lower-mid pp alot here and of course a good portion of the time it will have a heart we can pressure to fold and the rest of the time he's bluffraising so it doesn't matter). don't get me wrong, if we bet folding is probably best if raised. given the pot size and the aggression factor, i think if you check he will bet a ton of the time with or without a heart trying to get you to fold. as i said before, i think a river c/r coudl be considered with some sort of read, but in the end i feel like c/c is best.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:22 AM

Flop check/raise is pointless IMO. As played I like donking the turn. As played I like bet/calling the river.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM

The c/r on flop accomplishes nothing compared to how often we get 3 bet when we are behind or ahead, heck even if we don't get c/r and just called and then raised on turn.

This type of hand I'd rather wait to hit my straight which I think he gets regardless of it coming.

The turn, I still c/c. If you bet, you scare any pocket pair and will get called by any heart draw and A pair if not raised.

I'd rather lose value on the river or give a free card than find out when he has a big ace or made flush. I don't like putting in extra bets when I could be drawing dead.