Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet/fold the turn. This is unlikely card to try a check-raise bluff, so I would fold to a raise.
Since you checked the turn, I definitely bet the river for value. UTG will call with any pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Turn raise almost always means TP K or worse. Note OESD came in. Only semibluff I see is low pair that picked up a flush draw which is not all that common and will come in up to a third of the time anyway. Pretty safe fold.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:58 PM

I bet the turn again and check the river if I still have 2 callers.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:10 PM

I bet all 3 streets here, but at a minimum you need to bet either the turn or the river.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn and both players call, how do you play the river?

If I bet the turn and only the decent player calls, how to play the river?

I assume I should fold to any raise?

Also, my reasoning for checking the turn was that the only possible draw just got there. But I know I'm being overly paranoid and realize I have no way of finding out where I'm at if I don't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

all u guys saying bet, u do need to answer his questions above, some did some didnt.

if i bet the turn and get two callers im ok wit that becuz i check the river and utg is likely to have tons of crap hands and ck behind so even if we lose to the others K the line is fine. What do u guys do though if u check the river UTG bets and the other guy calls? Gehrig says he has shown no real strength so do we overcall or give UTG credit?

if i bet the turn and one guy stays in i ll check behind in position or valuebet/ fold oop.

as played please bet the river when the first guy doesnt donk its not a K usually even though u said he is tricky and when the utg cks the turn thru its not a K ever and one of these guys is likely to look u up with 2nd pair or worse now.

u were really that worried about 56 on the turn huh, i dont think thats nearly as good of a reason to check as getting called in both spots on the flop and since it was a utg poster and a small blind who just completed (some Ks raise) thats not enuff of a reason to check the turn either.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn and both players call, how do you play the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet.

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn and only the decent player calls, how to play the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call if SB bets. Bet-fold if he checks to you. Yes, you will get called by worse hands here even by a decent player.

[ QUOTE ]
I assume I should fold to any raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part but there might be some turn-rvier scenario where calling a raise is correct.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, my reasoning for checking the turn was that the only possible draw just got there. But I know I'm being overly paranoid and realize I have no way of finding out where I'm at if I don't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fail to bet every time a single (and unlikely to boot) draw comes in you will be losing way too much value. This will be a serious leak in your game if you don't correct.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:46 PM

UTG posted that in itself is a read. Although this is a dry board I bet for value on every street until someone puts pressure back on me. Then I would have to reevaluate.

The SB could have completed with Kxo or Kxs in the the blind but once he cks the river you are leaving value on the table.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 PM

Result:

SB actually did have the 56 and hit his straight on the turn and was trying for a CR on both the turn and river. I say this only as a point of interest. Not to defend my play, which I admit was horrible.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet turn bet river

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts exactly