Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Ask me about working for a credit card company

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I payed my CC bill a day late because I forgot. What are my chances of getting my interest payment annulled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call in and ask. If they say no, ask for a supervisor. If it was your first time late, stress that. It's based on your credit score, how many times late, how many fees you pay a month, or a year. Always ask, if they say no, ask for a supervisor.

[/ QUOTE ]
Will it make a difference if I wait until next month's bill comes or call now preemptively?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't wait, call when you can, don't call today. Because the mail didn't run for 2 days we are really busy with calls. Call and ask though, start saving right away, instead of waiting for it.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:01 PM

When a caller asked to speak to a manager, how often did they actually get a real manager? All of the time?
--
What are some of the best/funniest excuses you have heard from callers?
---
Can you please tell us about some of the more unusual calls you have dealt with?
---
What is the most common thing that is the card issuer's fault that people call in to complain about?
---
Were your staff ever allowed to hang up on callers? If the caller kept wanting to talk about an issue that you or your staff had already made a decision on, and the caller wouldn't drop the issue, what happened?

Thanks for answering!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When a caller asked to speak to a manager, how often did they actually get a real manager? All of the time?
--
What are some of the best/funniest excuses you have heard from callers?
---
Can you please tell us about some of the more unusual calls you have dealt with?
---
What is the most common thing that is the card issuer's fault that people call in to complain about?
---
Were your staff ever allowed to hang up on callers? If the caller kept wanting to talk about an issue that you or your staff had already made a decision on, and the caller wouldn't drop the issue, what happened?

Thanks for answering!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Almost never. I was a manager of a team of "supervisors" for 1 year. They are like a second level advisor. They know more, and have more power. Sometimes you get one. We have to do "phone time" 4 hours a week here, so we get to take calls then. If it's a escalated call above a "SUPE" call then sometimes it's a manager.

2. Bigfoot stole my mail was the funniest one. The dog ate it. I couldn't pay my bill because I was in Pakistan hunting Osama for the CIA, I'll pay it soon.(then the guy hung up, really weird call. (I have more stories if you guys want to read them.)

3.Most common problem is a security hold that we put on an account that stops the card from being used. Happens all the time. If you have a "BIG TICKET" item you are planning to buy, call in and put they'll put a note on your account for it, that way you won't look like just a jackass waiting in line @ Bestbuy.

4. No. Never. If if they threaten to kill them, they don't. I take over then. We might say, We have disucssed this issue, and I have given you our answer, if there is nothing else, have a good day. But never, ever are they to hang up. It's a fireable offense.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:06 PM

I defiantely want to hear more funny stories about calls
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM

k
Doing a routine monitor of a call, guy calls upset about telemarketing(most crazy callers hate telemarketers) and was upset that "THE BANK" was calling him all the time. Called my employee a C*NT @ that point I took the call over. Gave the caller my name, he goes off. Calls me a [censored], say I am married, tells me my wife is f*cking the UPS guy. I say I am sorry sir, it's Sunday UPS is closed. Guy goes off says he wants to [censored] my mother. I say my mother is dead ( she's not, i'm just messing around, because @ this point I'm bored and it's Sunday, no one is listening and this guy is an AHOLE) He says "Well I am going to kidnap you, dig up that dead bitch and [censored] her in the ass in front of you while you watch, then I am going to [censored] you in the ass." I am trying to remain calm, and I start to laugh a little. This makes the guy worse, keeps going off. He won't even give me his name. I say there's nothing I can do to help you, then have a good day. Guy says "I am going to [censored] kill you!"-We have an abusive caller line, if they make threats like that, we connect to them to if they are threatening. That ended that one.

Lots of other one's like a lady calling up on her and her husband's credit card account, asking what is this hotel charge and what this flower's are, because he was on a business trip. Classic stuff.

I'll post some more later, when I think back on some stuff.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 PM

How many identities do you steal in a typical day?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:38 PM

The internal security is very good. They catch alot of people. If you guys are familar with LexisNexis they use stuff like that alot, differnet addresses, ect. ect.
-EV play, not worth the risk.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Could you give some more details on the abusive caller line?

What kind of people would typically take a job like that, how much are they paid, how long do they last in that job?

How did they deal with those callers (as in, were they able to call them down, if so, what tricks did they use)?

Are there any rules for when you can transfer a caller to that line? If not, I'd assume that quite a few of the people taking calls would start to transfer every other call.

Also, in general, are you ever able to laugh and have fun with the people calling, or is every single call all serious and business-like?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 PM

How much give and take is there with APRs? E.g., I had a card with a pretty good APR, but after three years it was going to change to a variable rate. I opted out, and therefore was unable to use the card anymore. I kind of wanted to, so called and tried to get a set rate on a balance transfer, even if it were a tad higher. Both first tier and second tier employee I spoke with said there was no way to negotiate it. True? It didn't make much sense to me, I mean, they're getting nothing out of me now.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you give some more details on the abusive caller line?

What kind of people would typically take a job like that, how much are they paid, how long do they last in that job?

How did they deal with those callers (as in, were they able to call them down, if so, what tricks did they use)?

Are there any rules for when you can transfer a caller to that line? If not, I'd assume that quite a few of the people taking calls would start to transfer every other call.

Also, in general, are you ever able to laugh and have fun with the people calling, or is every single call all serious and business-like?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It's just a voice mail box that says you cannot contact us by phone, you can deal with us in writing. We block there phone# then. Fill out a form. People just call from another phone, it's not a very good system.

2. It's a college town, alot of college kids. Alot of people that don't have alot of options either. But you have some people that are really smart and are just using the job as a pit stop (like me got a management job after college and now am moving up) It's ind of sad sometimes with the people that come in. We had one guy hired that couldn't read. Pay is $10 an hour with bonus, we are one of the lower paid sites. If they last 90 days they'll last 1 year plus. Usual tener is 4 months right now I think. It's change, before this year average was like 1 year or longer.

3. Realize where they are coming from. If I had a 0% apr on and I was 1 day late too I would be [censored] pissed if my APR went to a 29.99% rate. So you relate to them, and you fix the problem if you can. Give them options of how to avoid it. Make them see that you are on their side.

4. Yup there are rules, certain things that can be said that would trick it. And you talk it off 1st too, and only someone in management can do it.

5. I'm laid back, maybe too much so. You can't take everything seriously. I am for a relax type of call, some people are very business like all the time. It depends on who you are talking to, must people will be able to read the person and go with how to run the converstation.