Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: AQo vs. cut off raiser

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this is WA/WB, and I bet/fold the river. The rest of the hand is perfect, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I play this the same.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:37 AM

I think you have to bet the river for value. If villain perceives you as a lag he could have a pretty wide capping range from in position because he'll believe that a wider range is still profitable vs you.

As such, he could have all manner of worse aces, KJ, and pps that will surely play the entire hand exactly the same, except that they will check behind on the river.

Also, you'll want to be able to play a flush this way sometimes and still get paid.

Further, donks like that look like bluffs. The single greatest valuebet is the one that looks like a bluff. I'd cross the raise bridge if I came to it. The first order of business is getting paid with what figures to be the best hand.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:22 AM

yeah, i can find a fold here basically never.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 AM

wa/wb with 2 hearts and tons of straights out there? wa/wb applies when you are either way ahead, or way behind, AND there is little chance this situation will change. Basically when both of you have 3 outers to beat eachother. I'm not convinced this is true here. It's a steal situation, he doesn't have either AA/AK/KK, there's many more hands he might simply be applying pressure with. At least bet the turn or something. I'd probably also c/r the flop.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wa/wb with 2 hearts and tons of straights out there? wa/wb applies when you are either way ahead, or way behind, AND there is little chance this situation will change. Basically when both of you have 3 outers to beat eachother. I'm not convinced this is true here. It's a steal situation, he doesn't have either AA/AK/KK, there's many more hands he might simply be applying pressure with . At least bet the turn or something. I'd probably also c/r the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name any hands that will cap preflop, call a flop c/r, a turn bet and a river bet UI that I beat on the flop?

Loosening up his range to allow for my image I will give him the following capping range: AA-88, AK-A9s, KQ-KJs and pure air. Of that range, the hands that will pay off a flop c/r and a lead on every street on this flop I only beat AT and KQs-KJs (counterfitted by the river). Every other hand in his range will either fold to a flop 3-bet (or really, on the turn UI) or cost me extra bets since we have already established that I cannot fold here at any point. The only hand I give the guy that improves on this river is KQs-KJs (hearts or a str8) and AT.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 AM

Thats a lot of hands you're ahead of. And also a lot of hands that can improve to beat you, or turn big draws. I don't see how in a steal situation you think a top pair of aces with 2nd kicker is ~50% no good.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wa/wb with 2 hearts and tons of straights out there? wa/wb applies when you are either way ahead, or way behind, AND there is little chance this situation will change. Basically when both of you have 3 outers to beat eachother. I'm not convinced this is true here. It's a steal situation, he doesn't have either AA/AK/KK, there's many more hands he might simply be applying pressure with . At least bet the turn or something. I'd probably also c/r the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name any hands that will cap preflop, call a flop c/r, a turn bet and a river bet UI that I beat on the flop?

Loosening up his range to allow for my image I will give him the following capping range: AA-88, AK-A9s, KQ-KJs and pure air. Of that range, the hands that will pay off a flop c/r and a lead on every street on this flop I only beat AT and KQs-KJs (counterfitted by the river). Every other hand in his range will either fold to a flop 3-bet (or really, on the turn UI) or cost me extra bets since we have already established that I cannot fold here at any point. The only hand I give the guy that improves on this river is KQs-KJs (hearts or a str8) and AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he's calling down from a checkraise all the time with KK-JJ. I think this is a misaplication of the WA/WB line unless you have a read that he won't cap from any position without a premium hand.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Hmmm...

I think his capping pre-flop told me he wanted to keep control of the hand, and I couldn't see any place to "take over" without losing a big bet along the way (I guess he would call a river bet with any A and KK/QQ). I was really trying to win the most here and figured a flop c/r after 3-betting pre-flop has to be a hand with an A in it (at these stakes anyways), so unless he has an A or a big draw, how far can he go UI? By check/calling I am giving losing hands as much rope as possible to hang themselves and losing the minimum to a better hand. I obviously thought I was best here more than 50% of the time, but was also pretty sure I wasn't getting called down very often by a worse hand. I had resolved to bet the river on any deuce through 8 and any A or Q. I did not want to see a T, K, or J. I did not really mind the heart that fell since I had the A of hearts, but I hated the T and was actually now hoping it would go check/check.

I guess I could have been more agressive somewhere here but my spidey sense was tingeling the whole way and, as I said before, I DEFINITELY didn't want to blow a bluffer or an underpair out of the water. Results in white below.

<font color="white"> Villain tables AKo and MHING - though I doubt he would raise a river lead on my part, since he capped it pre-flop I am sure I would face a turn raise if I c/r the flop and lead the turn. If played that way, does anyone fold to the turn raise? How about to a river bet UI? </font>