Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 12/30

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One can be a part of the Ironman promo for 1000 FTPs a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

How?

You need to earn 200 points * 25 days.

This is 5000 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know where Doug got the 1,000 figure from?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make Bronze with 50 points * 20 days = 1000 points
Old 12-30-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, most serious players are attached to affiliates, and we always have to work with that limitation. I'll let others elaborate. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see why this is a limitation as all the bonuses, etc... are deducted from MGR. I don't see a reason why FullTilt couldn't also have it's own VIP program similar to Stars. Am I missing something?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Regarding the new Ironman: "Give us something tangible, monthly. FT is going the way party did right around monster-time. Basically nothing for VIPs. And these silly promos (12 d of C) where most of us won't get squat."

- My quick reply in that thread wasn't very complete or helpful. "These silly promos" are silly to "you", a serious player. Avatars are also silly. Silly is a good thing, it attracts players who like silly things. One can be a part of the Ironman promo for 1000 FTPs a month. Tons of players make more than that in a day. It's for far more casual players than you might expect. The tangible thing we give "you" isn't the promo, but the players who enjoy the promo.

That being said, if you enjoy the Ironman promo (and I do!), we haven't done anything to it except make it better. How much better is a matter of taste (and the one analysis I've seen so far is wrong), but the freerolls are worth at least as much as they were before (more if you consider that they're now opt-in) and there's a new store that will continue to get new items in it (and if you just want to earn regular FTPs faster to get regular store items, you can just convert the Ironman medals to FTPs). Thus ends my parenthetically rich comment on that.

None of the above, however, means that we don't value our extremely serious players. We're always trying to come up with ways to reward those players that make sense. The "earn 10,000 FTPs during this 30 day period and get into a freeroll for WSOP or Aussie seats" were sort of the first steps. Hopefully we'll improve and expand on those ideas as the opportunities arise. Obviously, most serious players are attached to affiliates, and we always have to work with that limitation. I'll let others elaborate. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Itīs nice to hear that you are planning some promos for players who accumulate like 10,000+ or 20,000+ FTP:s a month.

However, two things Iīd like to see regarding to this matter:

1. When you make these promos, please do not make them to be certain NL freeroll entries, thank you. First of all, these freerolls may have some horrible starting times for European players like Aussie Millions freeroll did - 23th of Dec, starting 22:30PM for Scandinavians. Itīs holiday season, no chance to play that freeroll night time when visiting family etc. I finished tourney in the ~1100/2400 even though I didnīt play in it, so there was more than half of the players sitting out.

So if you really have to give tournament entries as these promos, please make them at least transferable to some small cash prize instead, or option to take either freeroll entry or Full Tilt Points reward for example. Points are good in a way that people can use them as they like in your store (this is of course based on assumption that you will start to provide all stuff to Europe sometime early 2007).

2. Add higher echelons for Ironman promo. Maybe 500, 1000 and even 1500/2000 level. You donīt have to double medals given from level 200->500->1000, maybe like 1.5x medals for 500 level comparing to 200 level and like 2.0x medals for 1000 level comparing to 200 level or something like this.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3) By default the background ("Vegas skyline") is red and the cards have red backs. I played several hands where I thought I was heads up because I didn't see that one of my opponents still had cards. It didn't help that even using the "full card" option, only half the cards are shown for the opponents and they are easy to miss. (I've now switched to a different background and it helped a lot).

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the thread Gregg777 (?) started in the Software forum. He really put together some incredible mods.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:10 AM

7. "unrestricting the number of HU tables at various limits would be GREAT as they can get full at peak times."

- I'm pretty sure we added enough tables at each level now. Let me know if you're still seeing problems.

Unless you changed this within the past 24 hours, then yes still problems.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt has nothing to do with rakeback, we only deal with affiliates. If a player signed up through an affiliate that doesn't offer rakeback, we can't move a player to another affiliate that does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely understand this. I'm one of those guys that isn't going to be playing at your site anytime soon because I can't get rakeback. I would move 100% of my play there if I could get it though. The thing that frustrates me most about this is that FTP was one of the first places I created an account online. I signed up through some random affiliate (had no clue about rb) and I don't happen to remember who it was. I was hoping to take up the issue with my affiliate, but you guys wouldn't even tell me who that was. Any chance you can help me out with that info?
Old 12-31-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe after a certain period of inactivity you could allow a player to swap affiliates?

[/ QUOTE ]
How many times does it have to be said before you meatheads understand it? They have an affiliate program that drives up their business. The affiliates are paid to bring in your business. How would it be fair to take the revenue they gain from bringing you to the site, and just give it to another affiliate? It wouldn't, and it would [censored] up their affiliate program, which would cost them more money than the are "losing" by not allowing you to get rakeback.

Get over it, or do what you're doing, and play somewhere else! I like having all the fishies to myself and I'm glad you dorks aren't playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I don't see why this keeps coming up. It's as simple as this.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, if you enjoy the Ironman promo (and I do!), we haven't done anything to it except make it better. How much better is a matter of taste (and the one analysis I've seen so far is wrong), but the freerolls are worth at least as much as they were before (more if you consider that they're now opt-in) and there's a new store that will continue to get new items in it (and if you just want to earn regular FTPs faster to get regular store items, you can just convert the Ironman medals to FTPs). Thus ends my parenthetically rich comment on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, or anyone...how do I opt out of the Ironman? I currently have a gold medal and do not wish to play in the freeroll next month. How can I convert this to FTPs or other?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Doug, or anyone...how do I opt out of the Ironman? I currently have a gold medal and do not wish to play in the freeroll next month. How can I convert this to FTPs or other?

[/ QUOTE ]
support@fulltiltpoker.com - email them and ask to be removed from "Ironman" or "All Promotional Freerolls". They should put you on the "opt-out" list so you do not play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 04:18 AM

So how many FT points or whatever am I credited for opting out? Is there a page that displays this?