Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 05:25 PM

Default FTP Answers 12/30

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=8512921

1. "When will FTP be able to keep players with the same IP from sitting at the same table?" and
"What does FTP plan to do about the botting issue?"

- Both of these issues are important to us and are being actively worked on. I can say that the same IP blocking will probably be the first thing you see in this area, but it's far from the last word on the matter. This is definitely not my area of expertise, so I can't really go into detail effectively.

2. Regarding the new Ironman: "Give us something tangible, monthly. FT is going the way party did right around monster-time. Basically nothing for VIPs. And these silly promos (12 d of C) where most of us won't get squat."

- My quick reply in that thread wasn't very complete or helpful. "These silly promos" are silly to "you", a serious player. Avatars are also silly. Silly is a good thing, it attracts players who like silly things. One can be a part of the Ironman promo for 1000 FTPs a month. Tons of players make more than that in a day. It's for far more casual players than you might expect. The tangible thing we give "you" isn't the promo, but the players who enjoy the promo.

That being said, if you enjoy the Ironman promo (and I do!), we haven't done anything to it except make it better. How much better is a matter of taste (and the one analysis I've seen so far is wrong), but the freerolls are worth at least as much as they were before (more if you consider that they're now opt-in) and there's a new store that will continue to get new items in it (and if you just want to earn regular FTPs faster to get regular store items, you can just convert the Ironman medals to FTPs). Thus ends my parenthetically rich comment on that.

None of the above, however, means that we don't value our extremely serious players. We're always trying to come up with ways to reward those players that make sense. The "earn 10,000 FTPs during this 30 day period and get into a freeroll for WSOP or Aussie seats" were sort of the first steps. Hopefully we'll improve and expand on those ideas as the opportunities arise. Obviously, most serious players are attached to affiliates, and we always have to work with that limitation. I'll let others elaborate. Do you see why?

In related news...

3. "Why does Full Tilt prefer to turn players away than consider switching them to a rakeback account?"

- I think others have mostly answered this and questions like this, but it has to do with the way the affiliate system works. Full Tilt has nothing to do with rakeback, we only deal with affiliates. If a player signed up through an affiliate that doesn't offer rakeback, we can't move a player to another affiliate that does.

That being said, we do understand that some players just won't play without rakeback, and we're definitely thinking of possible solutions. It's not going to be a quick fix, so unfortunately when we say that nothing can be done right now, we aren't just saying that because we love to lose business.

4. "When is it going to get fixed so that the lobby doesn't open every time a table I am on the waitlist for is ready."

- I'll bring it up, seems like a reasonable change.

5. "Do you guys still have more stuff in the works for the store?"

- Definitely. I think a couple more items have already been added (maybe different TVs?) and more will be soon. Highest on the priority list is getting a big monitor in there.

6. "Any chance you could make every NL player love you by adding an auto-rebuy feature (for a full buyin)."

- This is on a list somewhere, but I don't think any work has been done on it yet. I'll definitely push for an option to auto-rebuy for min or full.

7. "unrestricting the number of HU tables at various limits would be GREAT as they can get full at peak times."

- I'm pretty sure we added enough tables at each level now. Let me know if you're still seeing problems.

8. "Resizeable or mini tables ? Why do you hesitate to put a date or ETA on this? Is it that tough to do? Do you have alot of more important things to work on?"

Resizable. Because release dates slip. Yes. No.

9. "Deep Stack Omaha."

Agreed. I'll try to get that in within a couple weeks.

10. "I don't know if I've ever seen this in any of these threads but will Full Tilt ever support chopping at tables?"

- I assume you mean at the final table of a tournament? If so, yes. No time frame though.

11. "When's the next deposit bonus? It was reported here that word from FT CS was that you guys were doing one every 8 weeks. True/false?"

- Next Thursday. (How many levels is that? Enjoy!) There is definitely no set schedule for reloads, so whoever said 8 weeks was wrong.

12. "If a player wins a satellite, how about letting them cash out rather than play the next event? It doesn't have to be cash, though that would be nice - something like $T would be fine."

- Something like T$ is coming.

13. "Has anybody mentioned buddy list?"

- On the list, no time frame.

14. "I would be interested in regular $1 tournaments."

- I'll see about adding a couple more during the day. Maybe $2s too.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback and questions. Stay tuned next week when we introduce a pair of nightly tournaments that you'll want to play at the same time. See you in 2007!

Doug
Old 12-30-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 12/30

Thanks for the answers Doug. I truly think the rakeback issue needs to become a priority. I love your site and would certainly give you my business if I got rakeback there. As it is, I have to play at stars because their FPPs are a form of rb.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Add me to the list of people who have stopped playing at FTP because of the rakeback issue. I understand the quandary from FTP's standpoint. Maybe after a certain period of inactivity you could allow a player to swap affiliates?
Old 12-30-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One can be a part of the Ironman promo for 1000 FTPs a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

How?

You need to earn 200 points * 25 days.

This is 5000 points.

If I could get to Ironman by getting 5000 points in one day then I would consider doing it.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:05 PM

Doug, I don't want to be rude, but the tournament and sit and go selection on FTP absolutely suck. Your satellites are horrible. Well, maybe not if you want to win a $26 token to play in a $26 tourney with 1500 chips, ten minute rounds, and 15-30 blinds where at least one idiot is raising to 120 with over cards just about every hand, so it costs almost 10% to see a flop.

You guys don't even have two table turbos and i'm sure there's a lot of other types you don't have.

There are no good tournies. No rebuys, not enough limits, not enough tournies running, and if there is a tourney to play, it has a crappy structure. I know you have double stack tournies and turbo multis, but not enough running and not enough different limits.

The satellites aren't good because the tokens are non transferrable and their only use is to get into a Sunday tourney ( which is nice )or get into a crappy $26 or $72 tourney.

How can a site this big have such a bad selection?

There is no reason to play tournies at FTP (besides rakeback) if you have a choice to play at Stars.

Does anyone agree with me, or am I wrong?

By the way, I love the new racetrack view.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:13 PM

I opened a Full Tilt account yesterday and played for the first time. I was really disappointed in the software. Sorry if these have already been pointed out as I haven't read through all the Full Tilt threads, but here are the things that made playing on Full Tilt unpleasant for me:

1) The games are very slow. I was used to the "fast" tables on Stars and find it unpleasant to play now in games where I can get up and make a sandwich and come back and the same hand is still going on as when I left.

2) No "filters" for the lobby (other than low/mid/high). I want to be able to open the lobby and jump right into a few 6-max games at my preferred limit. This is made a lot less convenient by having no way to hide the 9-max games, no way to hide the games without empty seats, and no way to limit the lobby display to just one particular limit.

3) By default the background ("Vegas skyline") is red and the cards have red backs. I played several hands where I thought I was heads up because I didn't see that one of my opponents still had cards. It didn't help that even using the "full card" option, only half the cards are shown for the opponents and they are easy to miss. (I've now switched to a different background and it helped a lot).

4) No resizable tables. Also, I don't see why the lobby shouldn't be resizable as well so that I can see a longer list of games, although every site screws that one up.

5) The "slider" for sizing bets at NL seems to be completely broken.

6) When I click in the field to type by bet size, the text is not immediately highlighted. So rather than replacing it, the number I type appends to it. For example, in a 1/2 NL game on the flop there is a "2" in there and if I click in there and type "6" it now says "26" instead of "6". I have to either double-click the number (which leads to too much tedious clicking when playing several tables) or use the backspace key (which means I can't keep my keyboard hand rested on the number pad). This sounds minor, but is actually very inconvenient as the extra clicks or hand motions really add up when you are playing hundreds or thousands of hands in a sitting. It also led to me once making a massive bet when I meant to make a small one, which would have very upsetting if I hadn't ending up getting called and winning the hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

7) It is very hard to tell to whom the pot is shipped when the hand ends. On Stars, even with animations off, there is a visual indication of the pot going to the winner. On FTP, I have to either turn animations on and deal with useless distracting card dealing animations or have trouble seeing who the winner is.

I also would very much appreciate an auto-rebuy option and hope to see it soon.

Thanks for coming here and participating in the forums. Even though I (to be frank) don't like your client software, I am glad to see that you are committed to improving it.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:16 PM

Doug,

How does it feel to have a bunch of whiny bastards (who probably make more money than you do) complain that they can't squeeze every single penny out of your site's players and promos? You know who I'm talking about. Guys that make $15,000 a month are actually mad that they don't make $15,100 a month. Pretty sickening, isn't it?

Regards,
OH
Old 12-30-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
11. "When's the next deposit bonus? It was reported here that word from FT CS was that you guys were doing one every 8 weeks. True/false?"

- Next Thursday. (How many levels is that? Enjoy!)

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh sir.

I just want to say, even though I can be vocal about things, I, and probably most of 2p2, really appreciate that you have a presence here. So, thank you for these threads.

--aj
Old 12-30-2006, 06:21 PM

Can I get a setting that allows me to have full buyin pre-selected when I sit down at a table instead of min buyin.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe after a certain period of inactivity you could allow a player to swap affiliates?

[/ QUOTE ]
How many times does it have to be said before you meatheads understand it? They have an affiliate program that drives up their business. The affiliates are paid to bring in your business. How would it be fair to take the revenue they gain from bringing you to the site, and just give it to another affiliate? It wouldn't, and it would [censored] up their affiliate program, which would cost them more money than the are "losing" by not allowing you to get rakeback.

Get over it, or do what you're doing, and play somewhere else! I like having all the fishies to myself and I'm glad you dorks aren't playing there.