Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit again to add 'unless button's bottom set is the 'x' on the board' which isn't likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom set HAS to be the x on the board. And why isn't it likely? He's described as a LAGtard. (That he hasn't 3-bet yet means nothing, as this is a live session so the sample size is too small to say whether or not he has a small pair).

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! I think you're just being stubborn right now but I get that way too, sometimes. 'X' was too insignificant for OP to even mention. Button called 5 bets on the flop. Come on, do you think that trip x's is likely?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:41 PM

The flop action here is the key. When a non lunatic calls one bet, then 4 bets (or basically any call reraise) it is almost always a big hand OR a big draw. He can only really have KT for a big draw so putting it together it is pretty easy to narrow down his range to a hand that has you beat. When you 5 bet tht flop and he still leads the turn your hand is no good and you are short on odds to draw especially given the fact that QQ or JJ looms very large into his range.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:58 AM

thanks guys for the analysis...

i agree that turn is must peel because of the huge pot... it's not a easy fold... in a 6 handed game, bottom set definitely could've been possible... how about top 2? tha'ts a feasible open-raise hand... i dont remmeber what "x" was, but he definitely could've open-raised 66,77, etc... honestly, i was a bit surprised that he slowplayed top set a little bit on the flop... after playing with him some more.... i noticed that he has the tendency to slowplay sets..

i was pretty sure i had the button beat because i put him exactly on AA/kk... well, obviously not kk after he just called the turn...

when ppl openly ask for a card, it doesnt always mean that much... and if it's raise/reraise back to me, i fold in a heartbeat on the turn...