Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 03:41 AM

Default Re: AK vs. Tricky BB -- River Decision

1) I think 3-betting turn is horrible, because it looks like >two pair or an ace with a flush draw to me. There are other possiblities like ace with a lower kicker too or strange bluff, easy call.

2) When he check raises the river again, the hand was played so strangely and the player is unknown that Id see it down cause the pot is pretty decent, you're hand is pretty strong (ignoring the action) and the information is valuabe. Given a better read, you can lay this down, but against an unknown I would definitly call.
We have no idea if he's rational or not.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:55 AM

heisenberg, nitty point he cant have an A with the fd we have the As

i think maybe we do have to examine the value of checking behind in these spots if we are always paying off a cr "becuz the pots big and i want to see his hand" i still make this vb cuz like 90% of the time after they cr the turn and ck the river they ck call and we re good w tptk. this board is a pretty specific one where it may be better for us to be checking behind ( i still like bet fold) since there are so few worse hands hed cr THAT turn with after his flop donk and we outdrew none of them and most of the worse hands bluff semibluffs that ck the river are just folding ( do u really think hes going to cr a single pair of aces again?).
Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Oops, obvious oversight.. Maybe it is best to check this river behind (as blasphamus as it sounds :P)
Theres a high chance he has a weak hand or a monster.
The question is , how weak? Does he pay off with the weak hand?

Im leaning towards checking behind, because I really want to see what he has, even if he has air.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain seems fairly loose-aggro-tricky from the couple orbits I've been here -- I'm still not sure how good he hand reads or how "thinking" he is.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he's an aggro-donkey and tricky you can bet/call, if he's smart-tricky check thru. Since you don't know yet, its much safer to check thru.

Never 3bet the turn unless he's a confirmed superaggro-donkey.

I had a guy do this do me the other day and he pwned me when I bet the river and called his 2nd c/r with something like TPTK. I should have known as he was not a donkey--he was smart tricky.