Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Tempur Pedic Beds

The tempurpedic mattresses differ and can be described according to density. Try out some options, consider the tempurpedic (or generic alternative) mattress pads.

I love mine, would recommend it and like everyone else has said - try it outl.

And yes, i know i can't spell.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:01 PM

I'm in the mattress business. I sell a different brand than Tempurpedic. The Tempurpedic is made from something called visco elastic foam which conforms to your body. It was originally created by the AMA to help alleviate bed sores on bed ridden patients in hospitals. (It was never invented in Sweden. In fact, the Tempurpedic is built in Kentucky) They found the healing process was faster on visco foam, as it(the foam) creates less pressure point on your body, which increases blood circulation. It is temerature sensitive so, if you keep your house very cool the foam will take longer to conform to your body and also it will take longer to retain its natural shape. A lot of mattress manufacturers have a visco foam mattress, but only two companies have the highest grade available, meaning the density level of the foam. They are Tempurpedic and Serta The best grade is 5.3 lbs. per cubic foot. You can get knockoffs with density levels of 4.5 per Cubic ft. and 3.5 as well. These two other levels will feel very good and are considerably cheaper in cost. They will last a long time, but will also break down faster than The Tempurpedic. One thing a lot of customers have concerns with is that they seem to perspire quite a bit on the Tempurpedic. That is because their foam has what's called a closed cell structure, meaning the foam doesn't breathe so you will get very warm on the bed. If you are considering purchasing one I would suggest trying one in the store for about 15 minutes to see if it is the right feel for you. In my experience, this bed is not for everyone. Some will fall in love right away and others will say, meh. Another thing about Tempurpedic is that the manufacturer has what’s called "MAP" pricing. That means you will pay the exact same price no matter where you purchase from. I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying a Tempur, but I would tell you -like I tell all my customers- to find whats comfortable for your back, and then what's comfortable for your wallet.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 AM

For people who don't like TempurPedics (or just like another brand more), are there any brands you recommend for sleepers with low back pain?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:38 AM

Does anyone have any experience on Select Comfort beds???
Old 12-29-2006, 08:51 AM

How are they for sex?

~ Rick
Old 12-29-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a comfortaire, basically the people that originally created the fancy air mattress. My wife swears by it, I could just sleep on the floor. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Look around for comfortaire and see if you can get a better deal than select comfort. Also, one key advantage if I remember right, is that the comfortaire has no 'gap' in the middle between the air tubes.

I have no complaints, other than it cost alot of damn money.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:38 PM

I just took a nap on one, and they are unbelievable.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For people who don't like TempurPedics (or just like another brand more), are there any brands you recommend for sleepers with low back pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean another brand that has visco elastic foam? Or are you asking about a traditional inner spring mattress?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All mattresses are comfortable. You have to find the one that fits for your comfort level. The only drawback to an air mattress that I've heard customers tell me is that the motor sometimes wears out,and also you run the risk of getting a hole in the air chamber. Does anyone remember what happened when your water bed got a hole in it? I have a friend who has slept on an air mattress for years and he loves it. But, the 3 biggest names in the industry( Sealy, Simmons and Serta), who make up ~75% of the sales, do not make an air mattress, FWIW.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:45 PM

One thing people need to remember when purchasing a mattress: When you get it in your home there WILL be an adjustment period. It may not feel good to your body after sleeping on it a few nights. According to the Better Sleep Council and the AMA it may take up to 30 days to let your body adjust. It usually doesn't take that long, but can. Most dealers will offer a 30 day comfort exchange period. Ask you salesman about the terms and make sure to keep tha matt stain free.