Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: link doesnt work

hey this is a great idea. Can't wait till the server is back up. Thanks TStoneMBD.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any scheme that you could workout that would charge the people who create videos a few cents/hand or for the length of the movie? I would think that this would tend to keep the fish away as well, while keeping you from taking a loss for all of your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea. Not just fish, but bad beats and "ain't I just great" types.

Another possibility, a refund for very good submissions. Or a discount on their future hands.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a cap on upload sizes and making people register through their twoplustwo accounts assures that people wont abuse webhosting or else they will get their accounts revoked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you PM them a link with a special code or what? Just wondered.

If you charge people, i think no one would use it.

Atleast wait till it gets popular before you sell out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 10:30 AM

Nice work everyone involved, this is great.

Personally, I would be happy to pay a nominal fee for hosting to help cover your costs. In fact, a better long-term idea (but more work) would be a dedicated hand history replayer.

In stead of trading video (which are difficult to make and edit, and use a lot of bandwidth), you could just trade a special type of hand history file. The basic idea is that you open up the program and give it the hand numbers from PT that you are interested in sharing with other people. The program then retrieves the hands and all the associated statistics of the players at the table. It then writes a short text file with all the information.

When someone downloads the text file, they then load it into the hand history replayer. The program uses the hand history, player stats, and graphics from the PartyPoker/Images directory and from PAHUD, to exactly recreate the hand how the player would have played it.

Anyway, I think this would be a great project for a budding programmer/poker player looking for a project. You could also charge a small fee for the program to help cover your costs, or make a little profit.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: **Official Release of [url]www.PokerAVI.com**[/url] Upload & Download Poker V

I'm looking forward to seeing this when you get it working. I posted a couple of triple draw videos last week, and there seems to be plenty of interest in this sort of thing from the Other Poker crowd.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice work everyone involved, this is great.

Personally, I would be happy to pay a nominal fee for hosting to help cover your costs. In fact, a better long-term idea (but more work) would be a dedicated hand history replayer.

In stead of trading video (which are difficult to make and edit, and use a lot of bandwidth), you could just trade a special type of hand history file. The basic idea is that you open up the program and give it the hand numbers from PT that you are interested in sharing with other people. The program then retrieves the hands and all the associated statistics of the players at the table. It then writes a short text file with all the information.

When someone downloads the text file, they then load it into the hand history replayer. The program uses the hand history, player stats, and graphics from the PartyPoker/Images directory and from PAHUD, to exactly recreate the hand how the player would have played it.

Anyway, I think this would be a great project for a budding programmer/poker player looking for a project. You could also charge a small fee for the program to help cover your costs, or make a little profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi mate, I was working on a ABSOLUTE HH grabber, Kind of stuck with it for now(Its partially manual, not automated 100% yet).

Could you describe the main purpose of this program in a bit more depth? Maybe send me a PM and i'll see if i want to take it on.

In PT you can already import HH's and play them through the hand viewer(PA is unsupported, but you can get stats from PT anyhow). What would this program do extra?

Cheers,
POKhER.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:01 PM

hi stigmata ive already spoken with several programmers involved in HUD/hand replayer programs about this idea. noone seems to want/be able to program it.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:14 PM

Well that's a shame, but I still think that a really well designed HH replayer could become the de-facto standard for sharing online hands. It would need an output that was both human/computer readable. E.g. You could post it on the web and it would look like a bunch of bisonbison converter hands (with stats!) or you could load it into the program and replay them like a video. In this way you could make it free for everyone to convert hands to the text file, but then charge people to watch them like a video.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:08 PM

what ive told programmers that they should do is this:

create a program that allows you to import hand histories. the program then takes all the names in that hand history and does queries to your pokertracker databases to get their player stats in the same way that pokerace does it. the program then records those numbers into a seperate text file.

then the person can zip up the hand histories with the text file of the stats and send it to another party. that new party loads all the text files into his program and it shows the hand replayer with stat overlays.

the writer of the programmer could charge people money to import hand histories into the program but allow people to download a free version that lets them view the hand history replayer.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 PM

Default the site is back up!

THE SITE IS BACK UP!

let me know if you guys see any problems with the server. unfortunately because we switched servers all the current videos we had uploaded are removed. we are reuploading them.

there are still some small things we are tweaking due to server changes. well have everything panned out shortly. the important elements of the site should all be functional.

for those that want an uploading account keep the private messages coming! ill have your accounts setup asap.