Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 01:57 PM

Default **Official Release of [url]www.PokerAVI.com**[/url] Upload & Download Poker Vids

This thread marks the official release of www.PokerAVI.com on twoplustwo.

PokerAVI is a free service website in which people can upload and download poker videos off the server entirely free of charge.

We have an integrated forum that makes it easy for users to post threads corresponding to videos on hands that they feel were misplayed. Those who upload videos can easily find feedback corresponding to their videos by viewing the download pages for each of their videos.

The purpose of this project is for people to learn off of other players as they watch their videos while returning the favor by leaving them feedback on hands they feel were misplayed. Creating and uploading poker videos is pretty simple once you know how to do it and the little time it takes to develop these videos is worth the feedback you receive on your play. I have created a tutorial for those who are unfamiliar with the process of creating videos. You can find it here: http://pokeravi.com/tutorial.html

Most people who are currently creating videos on the twoplustwo community consist of limit players. We really hope that www.PokerAVI.com develops into a site with videos for all different types of games. We would really like to see NL holdem videos, tournaments, stud, omaha and even games like padoogi.

We encourage our users to upload as many videos of themselves as they would like to. Another great feature of PokerAVI.com is that all users have a direct link to all the videos that they have uploaded. You can view all of my uploads at www.pokeravi.com/TStoneMBD and likewise, your videos would be located at pokeravi.com/yourname. This makes it easy for you to share your list of video uploads with friends and the twoplustwo community.

If you would like to upload videos please send me a private message here on twoplustwo with your preferred password and I will setup an account for you immediately. Once you are logged in you can upload through your browser. If you aren't interested in uploading videos and would just like to download you don't need an account. You can create your own accounts to signup for the forums, but if you request an upload account a forum account is automatically created for you.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: **Official Release of [url]www.PokerAVI.com**[/url] Upload & Download Poker V

Nice. I am definatley going to check this out.

Thanks for taking the time for putting this together.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: **Official Release of [url]www.PokerAVI.com**[/url] Upload & Download Poker V

I did most of the programming for this, so if you have any ideas, feel free to bounce them off me, I think that it is a work in progress.

I think this really can improve my game just by watching and posting, and as an aside, what do people think about this getting outside the 2+2 community? Personally I don't know if that's a great idea, if people want to learn they will naturally come here and probably find it through that. I don't think I want your average partypoker guy to figure it out.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:32 PM

Wow, this is sweet. Thanks Tstone.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I want your average partypoker guy to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to agree. I don't think we are hiding ancient celestial secrets of the universe here. Most recreational players ("fish") 1) just like to cut back and play a little poker to relax and not take the game too seriously. They don't mind if they lose some money, they just like to have some fun. 2) Think they are God's gift to poker, and just have "natural talent." No book or video will make them better. They have a certain style (loose -- "I like to see a lot of flops") and all the they really need to know they learned watching the WTP and Celebrity Poker Showdown.

So yeah, make this as publically available as possible. Only the more informed poker players will be able to apply the knowledge anyhow.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:33 PM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.

Thanks Mike. Looks like a very useful site.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: **Official Release of [url]www.PokerAVI.com**[/url] Upload & Download Poker V *DELETED*

Post deleted by TStoneMBD
Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 PM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.

Yeah I just remembered. DOH!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: **Official Release of [url]www.PokerAVI.com**[/url] Upload & Download Poker Vids

very cool. hope this gets to be big.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:23 PM

3 KB/s download?