Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Best Christmas gift you\'ve ever received or given?

[ QUOTE ]
best gift given: to my parents. After building up a decent sized bankroll a year ago, I decided to splurge on my folks for christmas plus their 30th wedding anniversary was coming up 3 months after christmas. So I decided to send them on a trip to Europe to meet family they had never met. (They had never even been out of the country before.) My folks were both in tears when they realized what I was giving them. I was still in college and they didn't realize how much I made from poker. It was a big hit to the bankroll, but money extremely well spent imho.

best gift recieved: super nintendo back in like 1990 or 91. First kids on the block to get it, and man were me and my sister stoked!

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you that kid in the BMW commercial?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My VIC 20 when I was like 5/6...srsly...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I got the C64 probably around the same time. Came with a monitor and a DISK DRIVE!!!

The sad thing about it was how much my Dad spent on it, I think close to $1500 for a machine that was obsolete just a short time later. I had fun playing games like Archon, Jumpman and Lode Runner, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Airborne + Cobra Hiss Tank

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Best I ever got was the GI Joe aircraft carrier when I was like 6. That [censored] stayed put together in my playroom for like 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Skystriker (the plane from GI Joe) in 1984. To this day I don't recall wanting something so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am jealous of you guys. I remember wanting all of these, including the GI Joe tank to fight with the HISS, but I never did get them. I had a pretty elaborate GI Joe setup in my basement too, mixing vehicles and weapons from Star Wars characters with GI Joe. Boy were they fun.

I think I stopped playing with them when Princess Leia had an affair with Snake Eyes (in Bespin gown - Snake would never have gone for the crazy hairstyle she wore in EPIV) and Scarlett shot her with a crossbow bolt. I figured around then that I had probably outgrown 'action figure' toys.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year my son (around 2 1/2 at the time) ran up to me on Christmas morning and yelled CHRISTMAS HIGH FIVE DA!! while high fiving me. That was a pretty sweet present.

For "real" presents, I would go with my very first GI Joe toys back in the 80s. When I was around 7 years old or so I got Airborne + Cobra Hiss Tank. I had more fun with those toys that I have had with any toy since (except naked girls).

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a v. good gift this year from nlsoldier

Also the best gift I've given is the santa outfit that I'm wearing in my avatar, because I got oen for my best friend and she got one for me and good lord we've gotten a lot of use out of those things! My parents are getting me personalized car mats for my car (http://www.ggbailey.com/) that will probably be pretty awesome, too!

I really liked the story about sending the parents to Europe - I hope I can do that with all my $.05/.10 money one day! I think I just like family-oriented gifts (hence the quote)
Old 12-19-2006, 03:49 PM

Best I ever received definitely Brandi thread