Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Snip

no valium or anything - just go there the morning of (with shaved balls - you don't have to do it yourself)

they put two things of freezing in each side (not actually in the testicle) which stung a little for about 1 sec, cut open the scrotum, and pulled the tubes out and did the surgery outside the body, then stitched it up

walked home 1/2 hour later and went to bed

woke up an hour later and it felt like someone kicked me in the balls and the pain wouldn't go away - it wasn't too bad just throbbing

took 2 ibuprofen and went back to sleep - no pain since
Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 PM

I went in for a consult. Over the phone they told me my wife must come in and sign a consent form. I called [censored] and said I'm a grown man and I don't need my wife's permission. The nurse lady insisted that they wouldn't perform the surgery without my wife coming into the office, identifying herself, and signing a consent form.

When I went in for my consult, I asked the doc about that, and he told me he's the only doc in the area that will do the procedure without my wife's consent. So I was happy to hear that, but I still haven't made my appointment yet. I have to say I was quite offended by this sexism.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 PM

Can you imagine if a woman had to get her husband's consent to get her tubes tied? NOW would be staging riots in the streets.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:02 PM

I dealt with this for about 8 months after my snippage. Hopefully you wont' have any problems.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I went in for my consult, I asked the doc about that, and he told me he's the only doc in the area that will do the procedure without my wife's consent

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked into this once, only thing that stopped me was some liturate stating that the procedure could result in chonic testicular pain. the rate this happens varies with the doctor, so you might want to check his stats on this one. unless you're cool wit your balls aching the rest of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah...just a warning to OP, I'm sure 99.5% of these go without a hitch, but...

About 3 months after getting snipped, I started getting a chronic irritation/swelling in my left nad that basically made me miserable for about a year (during which I went through a few rounds of antibiotics/anti-inflammatories that helped somewhat, but not much). Finally after getting an ultrasound, they find I have a spermatocele (small cyst) and a varicose vein on that side, which I'm now told is not an uncommon side effect of the vasectomy.

I'm going in next month for surgery to fix this. I really hope this is the end of the problem, as I've had to cut way back on my physical activity due to a lot of things that cause me great discomfort.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I looked into this once, only thing that stopped me was some liturate stating that the procedure could result in chonic testicular pain. the rate this happens varies with the doctor, so you might want to check his stats on this one. unless you're cool wit your balls aching the rest of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah...just a warning to OP, I'm sure 99.5% of these go without a hitch, but...

About 3 months after getting snipped, I started getting a chronic irritation/swelling in my left nad that basically made me miserable for about a year (during which I went through a few rounds of antibiotics/anti-inflammatories that helped somewhat, but not much). Finally after getting an ultrasound, they find I have a spermatocele (small cyst) and a varicose vein on that side, which I'm now told is not an uncommon side effect of the vasectomy.

I'm going in next month for surgery to fix this. I really hope this is the end of the problem, as I've had to cut way back on my physical activity due to a lot of things that cause me great discomfort.

[/ QUOTE ]

your post is made infinatly more awesome after looking at your location
Old 12-17-2006, 11:42 PM

I just got it done Monday. I'm pretty sure it was non-scapel, but I wasn't watching and don't remember what he told me in the consultation. It wasn't too bad. They gave me a couple squirts of something I can't pronounce in an IV. I don't think it knocked me out, but I don't even really remember having the procedure done. I've got a couple small stitches in each side and the pain the first day or two was nothing that a couple ibuprophen couldn't take care of.

Compared to getting my wisdom teeth removed, this was a piece of cake.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went in for a consult. Over the phone they told me my wife must come in and sign a consent form. I called [censored] and said I'm a grown man and I don't need my wife's permission.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first doctor I went to said she wouldn't do it because I didn't have a wife to give me permission. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM

Why did you guys get snipped?