Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: what happened to getting a job like everyone else?

[ QUOTE ]
Job WTF is that

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... its what happens when you are busto.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 PM

Ive been busto plenty of times in my life, but still no jobs. Im the king of balla to busto status. Thats what I live for. That feeling of having thousands and then not having enough to buy a coke and a pack a cigarettes. Its the best
Old 12-07-2006, 11:41 PM

Ask for any openings in your school's cafeteria.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 PM

Unless you are born into a great situation (the lucky sperm club), you are very unlikely to get rich by working for the man. Probably a good idea to start off that way, so you can get some experience and hopefully a good reputation with clients.

For God's sake do not take job advice from anyone in an academic setting. Think about it; these are people who spend zero time in the actual world. It's like asking a priest for sex advice.

When I was a young man I delivered pizzas in a wealthy neighborhood of Houston. I averaged around $15/hr. and the work was incredibly easy (90% of job I was in my car listening to ball games on the radio. Other 10% involved walking 20 feet from car to restaurant or some house). Not much valuable experience, but it's a way to survive while you're in school. I also thought being a limo driver might be cool, but I never really explored it.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Securities and Options Trader at a Firm [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For God's sake do not take job advice from anyone in an academic setting. Think about it; these are people who spend zero time in the actual world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno how it is elsewhere, but most of my profs used to be in industry.

[ QUOTE ]

It's like asking a priest for sex advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

er...no comment! :-)
Old 12-15-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For God's sake do not take job advice from anyone in an academic setting. Think about it; these are people who spend zero time in the actual world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno how it is elsewhere, but most of my profs used to be in industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the University and the major. A lot of the profs at the top schools have real world experience behind them, whereas the crappy schools get the crappy profs who only know stuff out of the book.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:42 PM

salesmen(the good ones) make as much as doctors(the halfassed ones)I was a commodity broker(I don't like phone sales)(phone hammering on suckers sales) one of the guys who was a good talker, went out on his own...he made $250K selling commodity options his 1st year(you need to work for another company for 2 years before you can be independent..every store has salesmen visit to sell keebler cookies/drano/sara lee/hot dogs(order takers, not true commissioned salesmen)
College is a waste(I have a biz degree)reading and searching is important.... web freelance work is doable...freelance writing...web blogs/selling info/affiliate mktng...e bay
waiters,bartenders make good bucks. pizza delivery pays $12 and up an hour....
this link is good advice for a young guy (the "job trap")
http://www.greenuniversity.net/Green...cs/jobtrap.htm

this is a poker site, don't you make a few bucks at Stars or others?
the internet doesn't know, nor care, you went to college...
you don't need a degree...what job do you want? that is the key....plumbers make good bucks, air cond independents make ok $$...handyman?....do something that few can do...don't follow the herd....a laptop is one heck of a tool

invest 10% of your earnings in Vanguard S+P 500 mutual(or a similar fund) reinvest dividends(dollar cost averaging)...learn about commodity options(silver made fortunes this last year)

live in an RV (even a van or a boat or sailboat that you bought cheaply)...out west in cA nev wash ore AZ new mex you can stay on US lands for free "boondocking"...panama or mexico life is cheaper and a net biz helps
read Kurt Saxon nutrition articles/mother earth articles...grow pot(just kidding) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
grow herbs/specialty lettuce and mini veggies for resturants
what I know wasn't taught in school...the net is unbelievable!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bartender

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-17-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
salesmen(the good ones) make as much as doctors(the halfassed ones)I was a commodity broker(I don't like phone sales)(phone hammering on suckers sales) one of the guys who was a good talker, went out on his own...he made $250K selling commodity options his 1st year(you need to work for another company for 2 years before you can be independent..every store has salesmen visit to sell keebler cookies/drano/sara lee/hot dogs(order takers, not true commissioned salesmen)
College is a waste(I have a biz degree)reading and searching is important.... web freelance work is doable...freelance writing...web blogs/selling info/affiliate mktng...e bay
waiters,bartenders make good bucks. pizza delivery pays $12 and up an hour....
this link is good advice for a young guy (the "job trap")
http://www.greenuniversity.net/Green...cs/jobtrap.htm

this is a poker site, don't you make a few bucks at Stars or others?
the internet doesn't know, nor care, you went to college...
you don't need a degree...what job do you want? that is the key....plumbers make good bucks, air cond independents make ok $$...handyman?....do something that few can do...don't follow the herd....a laptop is one heck of a tool

invest 10% of your earnings in Vanguard S+P 500 mutual(or a similar fund) reinvest dividends(dollar cost averaging)...learn about commodity options(silver made fortunes this last year)

live in an RV (even a van or a boat or sailboat that you bought cheaply)...out west in cA nev wash ore AZ new mex you can stay on US lands for free "boondocking"...panama or mexico life is cheaper and a net biz helps
read Kurt Saxon nutrition articles/mother earth articles...grow pot(just kidding) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
grow herbs/specialty lettuce and mini veggies for resturants
what I know wasn't taught in school...the net is unbelievable!

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone decode this giberish?