Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: vs tag questions on all streets

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the gutshot with the 2. With that I'd say it swings it to a call, although we have some nasty RIO on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh only nasty if the guy can actually have better aces. i dont think he can given the flop raise unless we're reverse dominated (not too many combos here)
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM

I have a few questions. first, why not reraise preflop? second if you choose to call pre, why not make what seems to be a standard check raise on the flop? what is the point of the donk? I guess i just don't get it. don't we sometimes want to check raise this flop with air and sometimes do it with a set to make life hell for the villain? I am both drunk and confused.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold the turn because:

A) Villain is almost never raising the flop with air and then cont bet the turn without a piece

b) Your straight outs are not the greatest because: the 6 at best splits the pot at worst it costs you the pot if he's holding an 8 (78, or 88) The 2 also could result in a split if he's holding any piece of that board with an A
An A also could make him 2 pair

There is less then 6 BB in the pot ( rake wasn't taken out in your hand) and it will cost you 2 more BB to see a SD

You are getting about 5:1 to see the river and 3:1 to showdown here.

I turbo muck this on the turn however if I were playing 8 tables at the time I might be inclined to call becasue I could not think the hand thru fast enough which would be a mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't bad, but I don't know what kind of tags you're playing, because most have no problem raising that flop with air.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a few questions. first, why not reraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

tag raises otb, Hero 3bets AQo in sb, tag calls
Old 12-15-2006, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't bad, but I don't know what kind of tags you're playing, because most have no problem raising that flop with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

How manay tags are you playing against that are raising the flop with air and then CONT BETTING THE TURN UI VS A 3 BETTOR FROM THE SB WHO LEADS THE FLOP?

That's not Tag play, Thats LAG
Old 12-15-2006, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tags are you playing against that are raising the flop with air and then CONT BETTING THE TURN UI VS A 3 BETTOR FROM THE SB WHO LEADS THE FLOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do expect a decent tag to mix up his game and to occasionally make this play with lesser hands trying to move me off of exactly what I have by raising the flop and betting the turn, his range for this line while discounted includes alot of lesser hands.

I think reverse domination is a factor here because I could see him raising A7, A5 A4 A3 and A2 pre and on the flop(this turn now not being the best card for us) as well as 66 44 88 ect, while hands like A10 KQ are discounted they are possible. if a tag is never not making these plays against a known tag who can fold and has a wide 3betting range from the sb their game theory isnt exactly perfect, although its not a huge part of my arsenal I prefer to be semi-bluffing, or if i cr the flop with air I like to have some back door prospects or a gutter or something. usually bet the turn tho whether i improve to pick up or draw or not and im pretty board selective about which type of flops/ players i take these shots on.

He ended up having 44 btw
Old 12-15-2006, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How manay tags are you playing against that are raising the flop with air and then CONT BETTING THE TURN UI VS A 3 BETTOR FROM THE SB WHO LEADS THE FLOP?

[/ QUOTE ]
the kind that raises your flop donk resteal and wants to take it down on the turn, having regained the initiative.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the kind that raises your flop donk resteal and wants to take it down on the turn, having regained the initiative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at 3-6, There is like what, 1 in a 100 who will do this.