Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (week of 12/11) (10-20 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
does anymore remember which episode it was where there was a set against a broadway straight and they got it all in on the turn for i think around a 45k pot? i cant seem to find it for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this was during this year's Legends. It was one of the Gabe Thaler episodes.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 PM

Why won't they tell us what's going on? Noe Huff is not coming back... I feel like LATB does not respect its subscribers. Do they realize that without us they don't have a show?? Also, they promised all kind of promotions and give aways when they went subscription only... They have done almost nothing!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why won't they tell us what's going on? Noe Huff is not coming back... I feel like LATB does not respect its subscribers. Do they realize that without us they don't have a show?? Also, they promised all kind of promotions and give aways when they went subscription only... They have done almost nothing!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And even for the special promotions they have done, like the Liz Lieu guest commentator promotion, the guest commentator has never come into the booth and we never heard why not.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anymore remember which episode it was where there was a set against a broadway straight and they got it all in on the turn for i think around a 45k pot? i cant seem to find it for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this was during this year's Legends. It was one of the Gabe Thaler episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Found it. August 25, 2006. The hand starts at about 1:48.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 PM

nicole is v v pretty, much easier to look at her than looking at bostin
Old 12-12-2006, 03:06 PM

As much as I like looking at Nicole (and playing next to her), this show is really going to kill me if she continues to be on the show. Her argument last night regarding the raising and her obvious misunderstanding of the rule really bothered me. In fact, many dealers incorrectly think that a raise pre-flop has to be double the bet which always bothers me. For example, if you are playing a $5-$10 game and someone raises to $50, often dealers think the next raise must be to $100. TOTALLY INCORRECT. It only needs to be to $90. Its pretty sad that Nicole works at the bike and she doesn't understand these very basic rules.

I do like how Bart handled the situation, though. It was obvious he knew he was right but didn't want to make Nicole look/sound bad (she did that on her own though).
Old 12-12-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, if you are playing a $5-$10 game and someone raises to $50, often dealers think the next raise must be to $100. TOTALLY INCORRECT. It only needs to be to $90.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

Why can it be 90, but not 89? I always thought a raise had to be at least 1.5 times the bet (assuming the raiser is not raising all-in).
Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For example, if you are playing a $5-$10 game and someone raises to $50, often dealers think the next raise must be to $100. TOTALLY INCORRECT. It only needs to be to $90.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

Why can it be 90, but not 89? I always thought a raise had to be at least 1.5 times the bet (assuming the raiser is not raising all-in).

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it needs to be at least the amount of the previous raise. The previous raise was to $50 (which was a $40) raise. Thus the next raise must be AT LEAST $40 more than $50 = $90! A raise to $89 would not meet this criteria and thus be an illegal raise. But most dealers think that you must make it $100, which is wrong.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it needs to be at least the amount of the previous raise. The previous raise was to $50 (which was a $40) raise. Thus the next raise must be AT LEAST $40 more than $50 = $90! A raise to $89 would not meet this criteria and thus be an illegal raise. But most dealers think that you must make it $100, which is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. You are correct, sir. And you are also correct that dealers do not know this rule... not that it matters that much.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (week of 12/11) (Tue 5-10 NL)

Tuesday's show features 5-10 NL with a $500 min, no max buyin. Bostin will be commentating with Bart for the show tonight.