Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: NYC Bans Trans-Fats from their Resturants...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's your fault for being stupid and not getting health insurance before you got sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

baby gets poor into a poor family and gets sick. yeah, let it die...

not everyone can afford health insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

this happens in any system, even 'universal health care.' there aren't enough resources to take care of everyone. that doesn't mean i should have to pay for some stranger's baby's health care.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:54 PM

OK, there is expected to be a certain amount of libertarianism in here, but let's keep the politics to a minimum, mmmkay? Start a thread in politics if you must start an AC circle jerk.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone complaining needs to read this post. The government isn't really taking anything away. Trans fats are just food manufaturers way of cutting costs with no regards to our health. There are very very few foods that cannot be made trans fat-free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont get the point. Does anyone really go to McDonalds for healthy eating? Is replacing transfat going to magically make people thin? People are fat cause they eat too much and dont exercise. Theres not much you can do to change this.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Theres not much you can do to change this.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could eat food that is not as bad for you, which is exactly the point of this ban. im pretty sure NYC doesnt expect all of their citizens to lose 50 lbs right away, but not eating food that contains one of the main causes for coronary heart disease is a good start...

rj
Old 12-05-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont get the point. Does anyone really go to McDonalds for healthy eating? Is replacing transfat going to magically make people thin? People are fat cause they eat too much and dont exercise. Theres not much you can do to change this.

[/ QUOTE ] They wont' magically get thinner but it will slow their massive growth.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone complaining needs to read this post. The government isn't really taking anything away. Trans fats are just food manufaturers way of cutting costs with no regards to our health. There are very very few foods that cannot be made trans fat-free.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone ever claim that eliminating trans-fat will magically make people thin? No. The benefit is that people who eat too much unhealthy food will be less likely to develop serious health problems
Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 PM

Yeah, I don't get the argument against this by anyone who doesn't own a food serving business. You don't need trans fats and they aren't good for you. They have healthy substitutes that make little to no difference in taste. The FDA forces food manufacturers to not put unhealthy things in food all the time, many of them you'd be very happy to find out can't be included.

Don't worry fatties, you won't miss the transfat on your KFC.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i had fast food french fries about a month ago. i could def taste the trans fat. it was like there was wax in my mouth for hours after. v disgusting.

rj
Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM

And as some people have mentioned, taking out transfats doesn't necessarily mean you'll be less of a fatass, but you'll at least be a healthier fatass.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also for libertarians - I agree you should be able to smoke, eat trans fats, drive without a seat belt, etc. if you want to, but you should have to sign a form first saying that you will be allowed to die rather than have government supported health care take care of the problems you will have

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. Libertarians would hate to give up their government health care.

Wait, is there a form that abolishes government health care?