Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Re: I got a Set of Fours

I think it makes more sense overlimping in loose-passive games with the worst of the Axs & SCs more so than with PPs.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM

In passive games you should play most hands more aggresively. My point was in games with aggressive players you should play small pairs more passively. I personally don't want to go into battle very often with a small unimproved pair.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:00 PM

This could be bad thinking but I like the way this whole hand was played. If we raise the flop here the naked K of diamonds may shove and represent the flopped flush, in which case we probably have to fold...

I think we find out the villains hand clearer with how he plays the turn (ie he pushes over our raise).
Old 12-05-2006, 05:07 PM

assuming 6 handed

i agree with chip, you gotta raise this pf. its a waste of position and losing value by limping here and basically i think its terrible and transparent not to raise it here.

They expect you to raise, they will call with their marginal hands anyways. why not pump up the pot in hands where you have position and you will alteast have a semi-range on your opponent. you limp he could have 23s in there and flopped a flush.

i think its almost a strategic mistake not to narrow ranges and try to win the blinds with 44 pf.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In passive games you should play most hands more aggresively. My point was in games with aggressive players you should play small pairs more passively. I personally don't want to go into battle very often with a small unimproved pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obvious, you wont want to re-open betting with small PP at a very aggressive table but its been limped around..

most of hte time your gonna pick it up pf and not have to take the long shot of hitting ur set

its smaller +ev but less variance play.
and when you hit ur set after you raise its much bigger +ev all in all.

and against aggressive players as long as their not re-raising you light.. i dont see why u wouldnt want a bigger pot pf against aggressive opponents.. thats how you play for stacks