Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: A Survey For Poker Players

Please take a moment to answer these questions for you if you have some time. Thanks again, I've been receiving for nice detailed feedback and could use a lot more
Old 12-04-2006, 06:22 PM

1) How long have you been playing poker online?

2 years

2) Do you play for a living, recreationally, or for supplemental income?

Recreationally.

3) How has the passing of the UIGEA changed the way you play? Have you changed sites? Have you changed games? Changed the stakes at which you play? The time of day you play?

I used to play Party, but switched to Stars when Party closed to USA. It hasn't changed any other aspect of my play.

4) How has the texture of the games you play in changed?

More regulars; fewer pure recreational players. The games are tougher for sure.

5) How has the passing of the UIGEA changed the way you do your transactions with the poker sites?

Not at all.

6) How has the UIGEA changed your plans for your future playing poker? (if you had any)

Not at all until they shut down Neteller. Then I hope some new internet wallet site appears. If not, then I'm done.

7) Would you relocate outside of the United States in order to continue playing poker profitably online?

No

8) Would you play full-time at brick & mortar establishments if online poker was no longer profitable or feasible?

If there was one close by, perhaps, but there isn't and won't be, so that's not an option.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:18 AM

shameless bump
Old 12-05-2006, 03:27 AM

1) How long have you been playing poker online?

> 2.5 years

2) Do you play for a living, recreationally, or for supplemental income?

> For supplemental income.

3) How has the passing of the UIGEA changed the way you play? Have you changed sites? Have you changed games? Changed the stakes at which you play? The time of day you play?

> Yes, I withdrew my entire BR with the party stock crashed. I have played much, much lower and will until the end of December. Moved from PartyPoker to PokerStars. The bill has has not changed the time of day I have played.

4) How has the texture of the games you play in changed?

> At where I used to play, the games got tougher. In the games I play now, everyone is equally as bad.

5) How has the passing of the UIGEA changed the way you do your transactions with the poker sites?

> Hasn't changed, since I haven't done many transactions since.

6) How has the UIGEA changed your plans for your future playing poker? (if you had any)

> No changes.

7) Would you relocate outside of the United States in order to continue playing poker profitably online?

> I'm in Canada. If I were forced to move outside Canada, I wouldn't do it.

8) Would you play full-time at brick & mortar establishments if online poker was no longer profitable or feasible?

> No, because I am not playing professionally.