Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Greg Raymer Campaigning for Libertarian Party\'s Vice Presidential Slot

I'm a life-long libertarian and would certainly support Mr. Raymer if he decides to run for office. Go Fossilman.

However, I do now find his participation in the WPT lawsuit contrary to his professed political beliefs. Libertarians and others who support a free market are, with good reason, almost universally opposed to anti-trust laws. The WPT lawsuit is particularly bad because it relies on a rather dubious and expansive interpretation of those laws.

In the interview, Mr. Raymer says he will come to agree with a differing political opinion if he can convinced it is correct. I respectfully urge Mr. Raymer to re-think his position regarding anti-trust laws and his participation in the WPT lawsuit.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Greg Raymer Campaigning for Libertarian Party\'s Vice Presidential

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish he would start smaller though. Something like the senate or the house. He's just setting himself up to fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if his goal is to actually win an office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Why waste time losing a senate election when you can gain much more attention losing a presidential election?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish he would start smaller though. Something like the senate or the house. He's just setting himself up to fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Why waste time losing a senate election when you can gain much more attention losing a presidential election?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I'm sure Raymer can find some state to move to in the next two years and win a seat in the house/senate. Heck we've elected WWF wrestlers and convicted crack dealers to office. Why can't we elect someone that is actually pretty smart?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ thinking that the Libertarian party gets attention in presidential elections.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer Campaigning for Libertarian Party\'s Vice Presidential Slot

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a life-long libertarian and would certainly support Mr. Raymer if he decides to run for office. Go Fossilman.

However, I do now find his participation in the WPT lawsuit contrary to his professed political beliefs. Libertarians and others who support a free market are, with good reason, almost universally opposed to anti-trust laws. The WPT lawsuit is particularly bad because it relies on a rather dubious and expansive interpretation of those laws.

In the interview, Mr. Raymer says he will come to agree with a differing political opinion if he can convinced it is correct. I respectfully urge Mr. Raymer to re-think his position regarding anti-trust laws and his participation in the WPT lawsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Raymer seeking a Green Party nomination is almost comical. His WPT lawsuit seeks to extend the reach of government into business to unprecedented levesls. That lawsuit is totally antithetical to Libertarian beliefs.

Of course, that is the way most politician's operate: Do as I say, not as I do. So, contrary to his statement, I think Raymer will make a fine politician.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ thinking that the Libertarian party gets attention in presidential elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that the libertarian party gets any attention, it's that Raymer would.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ trolls.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ trolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stalker arrived. Right on schedule.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that the libertarian party gets any attention, it's that Raymer would.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness I really don't see him getting that much attention outside of the poker world. The mass media may mention his name and he'll get a little buzz if he officially runs, but otherwise I think his recognition isn't much. And as we noted with the internet-gambling ban, poker players aren't really a greatly mobilized/payed attention to voting block.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:00 PM

Greg is a smart guy. He'll probably be an ACer in notime if he'll ever come across it.