Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 400NL Full Ring - I river a Boat and villain shoves for 2.5buyins?

people saying "misclick" can't really mean it's a misclick. there's no "all-in" button on stars, and you couldn't accidentally click the slider, drag it all the way to the left, and click bet.

the only way this bet happens accidentally is if villain misreads hero's remaining 900 stack as 90 or something and just wants to set hero all-in. this is possible.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:33 PM

Only TT and 77 beat u- who knows WTF he has but i think it honestly looks like misclick-INSTACALL CANNOT fold this!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:36 PM

go broke please
Old 12-03-2006, 04:34 PM

This has definatly been my favorite thread of those I posted.

Lots of people saying ZOMG call it a coller call call call.

Some saying its close.

Others who know villain saying 77 TT all day and nothing but.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people saying "misclick" can't really mean it's a misclick. there's no "all-in" button on stars, and you couldn't accidentally click the slider, drag it all the way to the left, and click bet.

the only way this bet happens accidentally is if villain misreads hero's remaining 900 stack as 90 or something and just wants to set hero all-in. this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be a misclick if he tried to type "94" and accidentally hit the 4 twice, typing "944".

IMO his river bet doesn't make any sense given his flop / turn action, to the point where it actually makes me think a misclick is a reasonable occurence. I'd call just b/c my hand is hugely under-represented and I couldn't see him betting half pot on the turn with a set into 3 players.

Surf
Old 12-03-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only TT and 77 beat u- who knows WTF he has but i think it honestly looks like misclick-INSTACALL CANNOT fold this!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice. Calling here is worse than taking $1000 and lighting it on fire. This is NEVER a misclick by rdegs. He has been multi-tabling forever at Stars 2/4 and takes his time on each hand he plays. Often he'll time out/be pretty close to timing out on tables if he has decisions to make because of this. Plus Stars gives you the most time to act out of any site so it's not like there is a rush.

Also as someone pointed out there is no all-in button and villain bet an amount that put hero all-in, but left himself money. Obviously this was an intentional bet. Pair this with the fact that rdegs will do this vs. unknowns and you can't fold fast enough.

I'm not in any way trying to say rdegs is a bad player, but he'll do this stuff pretty regularly vs. unknowns/donks with the nuts. He needs someone to look this up once for every 10-12 times they'd call a normal sized value bet (depending on the bet size) for it to be right. In all honesty he probably does get something around a call every 2 dozen or so times he does this because people don't fold in general and/or dont have reads on him.

Edit - I forgot to mention that he isn't doing this vs. someone he has reads on or is a regular. He's betting normally to extract value vs. most players. The fact hero is a total unknown to him is what makes this bet the nuts.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:32 PM

Results?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this is ridiculous. There is no way he thought Hero had $90 left. And you can easily think you highlited the $4 minbet and typed in 94 but in reality, you put a 94 right in front of a 4. I've done this before and jammed on accident with nothing.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey All. One thing to note is that it is NOT an all in. Thus it could not have been a misclick all in from him using a script erroneously. He left himself some random amount.

As per opponent specific reads, I have never played full ring but this player was on all my tables, seemed solid and nitty as a lot of posters have agreed with.

As for raising 88 I guess I could go without it but I figured with how nitty Full Ring is raising + cbetting missed flops takes down a good amount of pots.

I checked the flop because of the board texture and what I thought tight limp callers might have.

As for the turn I meant to raise but was 9 tabling and ddint get a raise in. Had I raised to say 125 or so and he reraised to ~350, what does everyone do there? (this would have been better)

When I got to the river I thought for the full time bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

The misclick remaining then is trying to type in "94" and accidentally typing "944."

You may have gotten all in through a series of raises and re-raises. Which is why I don't understand villain's all in raise on the river. If he has TT or 77 and thinks you have a hand that can call the all in, why not bet smaller (say 1/3 to 1/2 PSB), allow you to raise, then reraise all in? Doesn't that accomplish the same thing for him with the added benefit of obtaining value when you have weaker hands like JT?
Old 12-03-2006, 06:10 PM

EZ fold, you only beat 44..