Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Re: PACIFIC POKER ROBBED ME, HELP!!

I dont understand this terminology you keep using. Please explain further. Im guessing its another im lieing post, check for yourself the rake is higher ($4 max). Really though someone please explain to me why this looks like I made it up, if theres information missing let me know and I ill see if I know.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Robbie it has be come apparent
that you have been the recipient of funds being passed to you from
members who have been invited by yourself or vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the main flag that got your account closed. They figured you bankrolled this dude, he signed up and got the bonus, and then "gave" the bankroll back to you by losing it on purpose. Of course this isn't what happened, but it seems plausible in their eyes.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:28 PM

Yea thats the conclusion I came to. However if this really was the case why would I let the rake kill me before the game was finished. Wouldnt it be smarter to just dump it off in one shot. And why would I waste my time bankrolling this guy for barely any money. I dont know this just really doesnt make sense.
Does anyone know anything about the terms and conditions of pacific, I cant seem to find it. I want to see if it is possible to get the intital money back before this happened.

I appreciate the replies.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:35 PM

Hey Robbie. Okay, I (like other posters here) am pretty confused as to the specifics of your situation. But from this quote that lady sent you in the email response: "Robbie it has be come apparent that you have been the recipient of funds being passed to you from members who have been invited by yourself or vice versa" it SOUNDS like they're accusing you of MONEY LAUNDERING??? And not merely collusion. By the way, were the accounts of the other guy(s) you played against (regarding this specific incident) closed/confiscated too? Because if they weren't then maybe the other dude emailed 888.com and ratted a lie about you (he has nothing to lose since you took his entire bankroll, etc...) Don't know if this helps.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:41 PM

Yea I also though about the money laundering issure. Im kinda confused about the specifics of this issue. When I hear about money laundering Im thinking transfering money in order to cover up the origins of it. Im pretty sure if this was the case Id be able to prove that I wasnt money laundering, not sure how but Im sure theres a way.
The account of the other guy was also closed although his account was empty so he didnt really care.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:31 PM

otnemem, if the dude only had $100 in his bank account, and used InstaCash (at Neteller), he would NOT be able to get $500 - i.e., Neteller would NOT give him $400 of FREE cash. They ONLY give you the amount you ALREADY have in your bank account (up to their maximum limit, which is $3000/week). And on every such transaction they charge a 9% fee. So if the dude had $100 in his chequing account, Neteller would deposit $100 in his account, and take an additional $4 from his bank account. So basically his bank account would be debited for $104, and this would show up in his bank account about 4 business days later (though the funds would be immediately available in his Neteller account after he would have answered some personal questions about his finances with Neteller - like a mini credit check).
Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM

Robbie, here's the link to their Terms and Conditions/User Agreement:

http://www.pacificpoker.com/en/onlin...r-Agreement--4,5.htm

And here's on specifically about their "Collusion Policy":

http://www.pacificpoker.com/en/onlin...house-rules--2,4.htm#non

I have read PartyPoker's and PokerStar's Terms/Conditions/Agreements. Might have read Pacific's too... Can't remember. But I think the MAIN thing I've found about these agreements is that the site RESERVES the RIGHTS (when you click that "I Agree" check box) to ban your account + IP address + MAC address + email + money accounts from transfering into/out of their site, etc... on the MERE GROUNDS OF SUSPICION (did I spell that right?)

Example:
If you have $100,000 in your account, and they SUSPECT you broke such and such parts of the agreement - like you have 2 accounts, even though you never use one of them because you forgot the password, or just felt like creating a new account, and NEVER using the old one ever again (honestly), they could pretty much TAKE your $100,000 and not give you a chance to do anything about it.

Sorry, that probablly doesn't help, but that's how it is. Only THE HOUSE'S RULES matter. DOH! I'd consult with a lawyer, but since it's "only" $1,900 you have an issue about, I guess it wouldn't be worth it because a lawyer will cost you like $500-$2,000. LOL! (I don't know, just guessing lawyer fees).
Old 11-28-2006, 09:14 PM

Thanks Sharking4Fishies,
I really appreciate the help, I was afraid (but knew in the back of my mind) that I couldnt do anything about it. You think its worth still fighting for or Im just wasting my time dealing with a company that only views me as $$$. Ill look through the terms but I doubt Ill find anything.