Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 02:37 AM

Default PacificPoker robbed me, help!!

Hey guys,
First post, but I have been reading these forums for a long time now. A bit about me Im 19, starting playing poker about 4 years, online for about 6 months, university student, aerospace engineering. I basically live pay-check to pay-check and play poker as a hobby thats gives me a little extra spending money. Money has always been an iss

Ill try to keep this short, I started playing on pacific about 2 months ago to clear a bonus, bonus cleared really slow but I had a good run and cleaned up. I cashed out and stopped playing poker for a while. About a month later I put $400 back into pacific to play, In about 2 weeks I was at $1300, everything was going well.

During a live game I play one of the guys there challenged me to an online heads up game. I knew the guy pretty well and he was one of the worst players I knew (also had quite a bit of moeny to waste). I wanted to play $200 but eventually he convinced me to play for $500. Normally I wouldnt touch a game this high as my normal game is $200NL, but Ive played with him before and knew him well and was prett confident I could beat him.

Anyways I told him to play on pacific as that was the only site I had money on. He agreed and deposited $500 to play with (which then turned into $600 because of the automatic bonus) so he wanted to raise the stakes again. I know Im stupid but I eventually agreed and we sat down at an empty 5-10 game 6 max game (it was pretty dead at that time and if someone came wed just go to the other table; another mistake as we had to do this 2 times). The cash game idea was stupid because we both underestimated the take which eventually took about $50-$60 from the game.

Anyways I tryed playing really aggressive at the beginning and like 5th hand in I lose everything to him. I quickly shove on the remaining $700 of my roll onto the table (another bad mistake) and continue playing only problem is Im on huge tilt now and Im playing like pretty loose aggressive. Over the next 50 hands however I managed to make two lucky double ups and took back my money plus his $600. I quickly say good game and leave the site. I played for about 2 more days on pacific trying to beark $200 but a weird glitched happened when I was holding a fullhouse (where I guy was able to check and bet on the same round) and I just cashed out with about $1900.

Then it happened I get an email from 888.com about how there closing my account because of some illegal transfers through there site. I dont even know the details cause they wouldnt tell me but they said there permenatly blocking my account and forfeiting any funds on it. I emailed them countless times and all they tell me is case closed all your emails will go be looked into.
For the next 24 hours I couldnt eat, sleep work or do anything but sit at my computer clicking the refresh button to check if any new emails came saying they made a mistake. It was the worst time of my life, and for the first time in like 10 years I cryed. Yes I actually cryed Im going to admit it. I know for some people this is like 1 or 2 buyins but for me its alot of money.
I feel like some bully just came and stole everything from me and I cant do anything about. Its like theyll find any excuse in order to make more money from you.

Im just really scared, all I want is my money back and I dont know what to do. Please is there anything I can do to get this money back or is it hopeless (dont fight someone you cant beat).

Im basically writing this for 3 reasons:
1) Main reason to warn everyone not to play at pacific if they value there bankroll.
2) I need legal advice or any advice on what I should do.
3) I need to tell someone I havent told anyone at all, I really have noone to turn to for help in this matter.

Anyways thanks for listening that was a bit longer than I thought,

Robbie.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Re: PACIFIC POKER ROBBED ME, HELP!!

so u had 1200 and played nl200 regularly? Good work!
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,
First post, but I have been reading these forums for a long time now. A bit about me Im 19, starting playing poker about 4 years, online for about 6 months, university student, aerospace engineering. I basically live pay-check to pay-check and play poker as a hobby thats gives me a little extra spending money. Money has always been an iss

Ill try to keep this short, I started playing on pacific about 2 months ago to clear a bonus, bonus cleared really slow but I had a good run and cleaned up. I cashed out and stopped playing poker for a while. About a month later I put $400 back into pacific to play, In about 2 weeks I was at $1300, everything was going well.

During a live game I play one of the guys there challenged me to an online heads up game. I knew the guy pretty well and he was one of the worst players I knew (also had quite a bit of moeny to waste). I wanted to play $200 but eventually he convinced me to play for $500. Normally I wouldnt touch a game this high as my normal game is $200NL, but Ive played with him before and knew him well and was prett confident I could beat him.

Anyways I told him to play on pacific as that was the only site I had money on. He agreed and deposited $500 to play with (which then turned into $600 because of the automatic bonus) so he wanted to raise the stakes again. I know Im stupid but I eventually agreed and we sat down at an empty 5-10 game 6 max game (it was pretty dead at that time and if someone came wed just go to the other table; another mistake as we had to do this 2 times). The cash game idea was stupid because we both underestimated the take which eventually took about $50-$60 from the game.

Anyways I tryed playing really aggressive at the beginning and like 5th hand in I lose everything to him. I quickly shove on the remaining $700 of my roll onto the table (another bad mistake) and continue playing only problem is Im on huge tilt now and Im playing like pretty loose aggressive. Over the next 50 hands however I managed to make two lucky double ups and took back my money plus his $600. I quickly say good game and leave the site. I played for about 2 more days on pacific trying to beark $200 but a weird glitched happened when I was holding a fullhouse (where I guy was able to check and bet on the same round) and I just cashed out with about $1900.

Then it happened I get an email from 888.com about how there closing my account because of some illegal transfers through there site. I dont even know the details cause they wouldnt tell me but they said there permenatly blocking my account and forfeiting any funds on it. I emailed them countless times and all they tell me is case closed all your emails will go be looked into.
For the next 24 hours I couldnt eat, sleep work or do anything but sit at my computer clicking the refresh button to check if any new emails came saying they made a mistake. It was the worst time of my life, and for the first time in like 10 years I cryed. Yes I actually cryed Im going to admit it. I know for some people this is like 1 or 2 buyins but for me its alot of money.
I feel like some bully just came and stole everything from me and I cant do anything about. Its like theyll find any excuse in order to make more money from you.

Im just really scared, all I want is my money back and I dont know what to do. Please is there anything I can do to get this money back or is it hopeless (dont fight someone you cant beat).

Im basically writing this for 3 reasons:
1) Main reason to warn everyone not to play at pacific if they value there bankroll.
2) I need legal advice or any advice on what I should do.
3) I need to tell someone I havent told anyone at all, I really have noone to turn to for help in this matter.

Anyways thanks for listening that was a bit longer than I thought,

Robbie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 AM

Actually I had a bit more in my Neteller. So I had like 8-10 buyins, I would have played less but pacific didnt offer any 6max games below 200NL.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 AM

I just feel obliged to say that I played a lot of poker at Pacific until recently, and never had any unusual problems there. Also, a lot of what you posted doesn't seem to relate to your story, and I'm a little confused as to some of the details....

[ QUOTE ]
I quickly shove on the remaining $700 of my roll onto the table (another bad mistake) and continue playing only problem is Im on huge tilt now and Im playing like pretty loose aggressive. Over the next 50 hands however I managed to make two lucky double ups and took back my money plus his $600. I quickly say good game and leave the site. I played for about 2 more days on pacific trying to beark $200 but a weird glitched happened when I was holding a fullhouse (where I guy was able to check and bet on the same round) and I just cashed out with about $1900.

Then it happened I get an email from 888.com about how there closing my account because of some illegal transfers through there site.

[/ QUOTE ]

This here is a jumble of confusion and I don't know what to make of it.

Would you mind posting the text from the email that 888.com sent you?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 AM

I tryed explaining everything so that someone could get a full idea of what the situation was. I guess I didnt need to post all of it ill edit.

Emails:
Dear Robbie,

This is Sally C from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises
(Gibraltar) Ltd., and I am writing in response to your email.

Your Pacific Poker account with user name "blank" and also your game
history has been reviewed. Robbie it has be come apparent
that you have been the recipient of funds being passed to you from
members who have been invited by yourself or vice versa.

This activity is strictly against our Terms and Conditions and will not
be tolerated at Pacific Poker under any circumstances. In light of
this,
your Pacific Poker account will remain permanently blocked and no
further transactions will occur on this account.

Please refrain from opening any further accounts as these too will be
blocked and any deposits and winnings will be forfeited.

Regards,

Sally C
Operations Department
Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd
operations@cassava.net

Dear Robbie,

This is Sally C from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises
(Gibraltar) Ltd., and I am writing in response to your email.

Robbie, your Pacific Poker account with user name "Blank" will
remain
permanently blocked and any funds in your account have been forfeited.
This decision has been made due to the out come of an investigation
into
your game play.

Robbie I now consider this matter closed and any further correspondence
will not be entered into.

Regards,

Sally C
Operations Department
Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd
operations@cassava.net

Also I did not invite him I dont really know if the mean the refer the friend or if playing with people you know is prohibited.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:18 AM

I cant seem to edit. I apologize for the long post, this is basically what I told 888.com so I wanted to see if anyone had this situation arise before.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:22 AM

Looks like they missed a few typos in there. I'll check the user agreement to see what they're talking about...

edit:

whoa, just saw you posted this...

[ QUOTE ]
Also I did not invite him I dont really know if the mean the refer the friend or if playing with people you know is prohibited.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like they're accusing you of collusion. But this is what catches my eye the most (from your OP):

[ QUOTE ]
but a weird glitched happened when I was holding a fullhouse (where I guy was able to check and bet on the same round) and I just cashed out with about $1900.

Then it happened I get an email from 888.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand history? And you might as well post your screen name, that ship has sailed...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 AM

Collusion as in...? Talking to each other in order to gain an advantage over other players. We were heads up.

When I said
"Also I did not invite him I dont really know if the mean the refer the friend or if playing with people you know is prohibited"

I was refering to the email where they said I "Robbie it has be come apparent
that you have been the recipient of funds being passed to you from
members who have been invited by yourself or vice versa."
Old 11-28-2006, 03:41 AM

I cant access my hand history but I did take screen shots of the glitch if that what your interested in. It is unrelated but something I thought Id add cause it was kinda annoying, but I didnt really care at the time because I was up so much.

Dont really know how to add pictures to messages.
Also Im going to keep my username private for a little longer as I still feel theres a chance to get my account back.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:43 AM

You had time to take a screen shot that fast? Please post. You can email it to me at electrobc@comcast.net if you want me to host & post it for you...

Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical, by the way, but maybe there's something that can explain it if they made a mistake.