Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP freerolls Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
What I really want to convey here is that many cash game players dont enjoy playing tournaments and we would love an alternate method to get all of our VIP EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It just bothers me that such a large chunk of the value of being VIP comes in tournaments and I don't particularly like to play tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love outplaying the high stakes NL & MTT Supernova ballaz on Saturday mornings!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Please get rid of all the freerolls. VIP bonuses would be 100x better. As is I don't want to waste my Saturday afternoons playing for $100.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 PM

This was my suggestion way back when in another Star's suggestion thread:

I would also like to see some changes to the free rolls, but I think everyone is looking at this in the wrong way.

The value that Stars pays out for these free rolls is set regardless of the number of players that are entering. This is why the OP's idea, while good, it does not really address accurately the value Stars is putting forth.

Under the OP's idea, Stars would pay out way, way more money than what they currently do under the present format. I would tend to think a good percentage of players miss these weekly free rolls, but with the plan described by the OP, these players would be receving T$ and thus Stars would be spending way more dollars than they presently do.

Here is I how calculate the actual dollars that Stars is paying out:

Silver Free Rolls: $ 130,000
Gold Free Rolls: $ 260,000
Platinum Free Rolls: $ 390,000
SuperNova Free Rolls: $ 648,000
Monthly 100k rolls: $ 1,200,000

Total: 2.628 million dollars

I think what Stars has to ask themselves is what is the best way to spend these dollars to reward their players which motivates them to play the greatest number of hands at Stars.

The weekly Silver & Gold free rolls still maybe the best way to award these players and it takes very little out of the total dollars that is alloted for this. (only 390k out of the total 2.628 million.)

The remaining 2.238 million dollars should then be somehow allotted to their Platinum and SuperNova players.

My suggestion: Take $ 750K of that money and give their SuperNovas the 3-4 day all expenses paid SuperDuperNova Fiesta I have been suggesting. (This is what Micro-Bob calls it) I described in the other Star's suggestion thread what this event would consist of and for someone reason a Nova could not participate, they would have a lesser dollar amount directly placed in their account or the equivalent of value could be added in FPPs to their account that they could use through the concierge service.

This still leaves another 1.488 million to give back to Platinum & SuperNova throughout the year in other value added items. If this be T$, great, if it is an FPP bonus that players could spend almost anyway they would want through the conceirge service, great. (probably actually much better)

I don't know how many total Platinum & Novas there are, but I would guess maybe 600? Now this could be on a prorated basis with the Novas getting a greater share, but if you take this 1.488 million and convert it to FPPs at the .016 value, this totals 93 million FPPs! This would be an average of 155k FPPs. (if split evenly between the two groups)

This amount of FPPs may make the difference for a player to go to a major tourney through the VIP store or help to buy the car of their choice through the concierge service.

The point of this is that this would give the players on an individual basis the power to decide how they want to be rewarded for their play through the concierge service!

(I think I way understimated the number of Nova/Platinum players in this orginal suggestion. Who knows Stars could be reaching near 1000 players in these two categories)

This would dramatically reduce the value of the additional 1.488 million I talked about above to about 93,000 FPP per the average Platinum/Nova player. Naturally the value would be higher for Novas, lower for Platinums.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:12 PM

I think the payouts for whatever solution need to be scaled to how many people are in a given level. The silver freeroll only had a couple hundred people early in 2006, but now, with more stars traffic, it has gotten more participants but the prizepool stayed the same.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:22 PM

pleease pPLEASE no more freerols!! im just reaching the supernova, i 'd love even a miserable 100$ monthly bonus instead of the freerols, in all the year i have played like.... i dont know maybe 1 or 2 frerrol at best...
i think a monthly bonus would be great
Old 11-28-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the payouts for whatever solution need to be scaled to how many people are in a given level. The silver freeroll only had a couple hundred people early in 2006, but now, with more stars traffic, it has gotten more participants but the prizepool stayed the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

My exact point but in reverse. The true value that Stars are giving to each individual Silver player in VIP free rolls may only be 25 cents a player. I don't think that too many Silver players are going to be very excited about receving 25 cents a week in T$.

Same holds true for all the levels. A Nova's total monthly value for all the free rolls he is eligible for probably does not total much more than $ 200.00.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:34 PM

I'll do the monthly $50k freerolls if that's what it takes but I might not be completely thrilled about it if the value is still iffy.

Allowing SOME flexibility in there would be nice though.

Better than sitting around and doing each of the silver, gold, plat freerolls each week (I'm just skipping the silver now...and probably should be doing the same thing with the gold also).

It begins to feel like Stars might not be digging the V$ plan so much unfortunately (because scotyy mentioned the weekly $50k option thing).

Perhaps instead of allowing the V$ to be spent on whatever tourneys people like maybe they can only be saved up and used for a $100 MTT or higher or something like that AND can't be tranferred?

Or they can only be allowed in W$ events and can't be tranferred IF people preferred those instead of the freerolls.

Not sure this would appease many people. But I like the W$ satellites so it would be just dandy for ME!!!

I really am not sure I understand why Stars would be unwilling to just dole them out as non-transferrable V$ though for any event the player chooses though.
Even if SNG players would be able to crank through them really quickly Stars is still making back some of the money they are giving out in rake and most everybody ends up pretty happy, right?

It's like Stars is saying, "We want to give you $X per year. Look at all the free money we're giving to all our players. But there's no way we actually want you to get to choose when/where to spend it."
Old 11-28-2006, 04:40 PM

i'll be the dissenter.

i'm a SnG player and am platinum star. (too late to make SN this year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

i like the freerolls. it gives me a chance to play a multi.

i also view the freerolls as a way to relax and donk it up.

i view them as a fun break from the grind.

MicroBob- if i have triple the starting chips, i just quit the game instead of playing to the end. i'm 90% sure of making in the $. sure i'll get just $15, but why spend 3hrs more to make final 2 tables and get only $75?

donking it up for an hr, triple up (or go broke), and quit. i get an hour's worth of fun, plus the satisfaction of knowing i most likely made it to the $.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:12 PM

MicroBob said---------It's like Stars is saying, "We want to give you $X per year. Look at all the free money we're giving to all our players. But there's no way we actually want you to get to choose when/where to spend it."

We want to create an exciting VIP program. An extreme example I can give you is the Aston Martin promo we have running right now. What if we announced we are giving away $2.50 to 100,000 players. As O'Doyle pointed out giving every SilverStar player 25 cents every month would be waste of money. We want to know the best way to spend the money and dividing it equally to every player has the same effect as the $2.50 to 100,000 players.

Scotty