Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Crap!

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty, I think calling the river raise was pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think that's a pretty prime bluffraising card for an observant TAG who knows I'm capable of a b/f?
Old 11-23-2006, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think that's a pretty prime bluffraising card for an observant TAG who knows I'm capable of a b/f?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you multiplied the stakes by 10. I could probably count the number of river bluff raises I've seen against me at 5/10 and 8/16 in the last 20K on one hand. And this guys a TAG.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He seems to be like the usual donk-player who populate the tables. Considering that, you played your hand right. Against that type of player I had check-called the river. You can selldom fold to a raise at the end against a donk in my opinion, so bet-fold the river should not be a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...he didn't have AA, AK, or KK. You might want to spend a little time playing higher limits before making statements like a TAG "will of course never call the flop or turn with less."

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you got out of line enough times now. It is hard to discuss with a person who can't grasp definitions. But it's ok for me if you think that a TAG'player is a calling station who call down with a three-outer.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He seems to be like the usual donk-player who populate the tables. Considering that, you played your hand right. Against that type of player I had check-called the river. You can selldom fold to a raise at the end against a donk in my opinion, so bet-fold the river should not be a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...he didn't have AA, AK, or KK. You might want to spend a little time playing higher limits before making statements like a TAG "will of course never call the flop or turn with less."

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you got out of line enough times now. It is hard to discuss with a person who can't grasp definitions. But it's ok for me if you think that a TAG'player is a calling station who call down with a three-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn...enough. One of us knows how to play this game and one of us doesn't. I'm willing to let the facts speak for themselves.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you multiplied the stakes by 10. I could probably count the number of river bluff raises I've seen against me at 5/10 and 8/16 in the last 20K on one hand. And this guys a TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right there that I am giving my opponents too much credit at this level.

I've been getting smoked the last few days, and a big part of it is probably calling down turn checkraises with A high and/or bottom pair. I keep forgetting how straightforward the majority of players are at this level.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yawn...enough. One of us knows how to play this game and one of us doesn't. I'm willing to let the facts speak for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I do not know how to play this game or maybe I just have another approach than you which could be lucrative for me, but maybe not for you. I have no problem with your approach to the game and I have no reason to suspect that you are a losing player. For me this is not a personal issue.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:37 AM

Busen - why are you playing 1/2 if you are so good?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Busen - why are you playing 1/2 if you are so good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do we have this discussion? And why do you don't clic the link above to get a clue about what you ask? Is it hard to keep to the subject or you would like more people who are tired on spam of irrelevant factors?
Old 11-23-2006, 02:12 PM

"I could probably count the number of river bluff raises I've seen against me at 5/10 and 8/16 in the last 20K on one hand"

you only see the ones you snap.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:53 PM

you should call this river raise against me!