Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Was Mason at Mirage playing 20-40 past 2 days?

[ QUOTE ]
"the guy I thought was MM looked a little unfriendly"

definitely him. he scowls a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes scowl is a good word. I should have sat and played with him then. I've never plaeyed with anyone famous or semi-famous. Actually, does anyone know who Angelo "King Kong " Mosca is? I've played with him here in Toronto.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mason doesn't play huge games, he plays only in games where he feels he has a significant edge and doesn't risk his bankroll (usually in the 60-80 game range if I remember correctly). He also doesn't play much anymore, running 2+2 takes a lot of his time. This is fairly common knowledge around here.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I still want to know if that was him. MM were you playing 20-40 at Mirage on Sunday and Monday?? Just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send him a PM, he doesn't have the time to read all of the forums.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea....although the guy I thought was MM looked a little unfriendly both days I saw him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then it definitely was him.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 PM

King Kong Mosca was a Pro Wrestler back in the 70's.
I beleive he was in the old WWF, when it was mainly in the north east and Canada. Tell him I remember him well!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:25 PM

Mason looks the same as he did twenty years ago...no sh-t. You are "surprised" at Mason playing "only 20/40"? First of all 20/40 is not all Mason plays. Secondly, why don't you try playing 20/40 for about 25 or 30 years, and not go broke.

[ QUOTE ]
I was there and noticed a guy with 2p2 shirt. Looked like him but the only picture I have ever seen of him is from the back of his books which is from 20 years ago. If it was him, I am surprised he only plays 20-40.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, does anyone know who Angelo "King Kong " Mosca is? I've played with him here in Toronto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! a Flashback to one of my great wrestling memories -- In the Late 70's Mosca had then champion Bob Backlund tied up in the corner -- Mosca spits on Backlund -- Backlund flips out and actually says "ass" on tv -- some 12 years later Backlund returns in has mid 40's to be one of the greatest wrestling heels of all time.

I played with Gorilla Monsoon at Foxwoods once.

Gotta go -- I got to -YouTube- King Kong Mosca
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
King Kong Mosca was a Pro Wrestler back in the 70's.
I beleive he was in the old WWF, when it was mainly in the north east and Canada. Tell him I remember him well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! and he played for the CFL Ti Cats.......I only played with him twice about 3 yrs ago. Haven't seen him since. He's a fish! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason looks the same as he did twenty years ago...no sh-t. You are "surprised" at Mason playing "only 20/40"? First of all 20/40 is not all Mason plays. Secondly, why don't you try playing 20/40 for about 25 or 30 years, and not go broke.

[ QUOTE ]
I was there and noticed a guy with 2p2 shirt. Looked like him but the only picture I have ever seen of him is from the back of his books which is from 20 years ago. If it was him, I am surprised he only plays 20-40.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you got issues man. What is the difference between playing winning poker for 10 , 20 or 30 years? I'm pretty sure if you can play for 10 years at 20-40 and are an overall winner, you're not suddenly going to become a losing player. Anyone good enough to beat mid limit games for even 5 years is likely smart enough to know they need to adjust their game.

And yes "only 20-40". I don't know how much money MM makes but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than me and I play 15-30. I assume he is better than I am and he makes much more money than me, so 20-40 is low. I'm not saying he shouldn't play 20-40 , I just said I was surprised. It's like if you saw a guy who looked like Gus Hansen but you weren;t sure if it was him and he's playing 2-4 at Aladdin, you'd probably think it wasn't him either.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was Mason at Mirage playing 20-40 past 2 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but Elvis is back dealing craps at Venetian and I saw one of the waitresses there kick him in his fat gut after he pawed her butt.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 PM

i played 1-2NL With Negreanu/Phil Laak/Tilly at the Golden Nugget in august... Jealous?
Old 11-26-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jealous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very. Does Tilly just park those things on the table or does she have someone carry them for her?