Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 10/20 - getting trapped in a big pot

LOL at CO 3-betting preflop and flop. i had a 30/20 guy coldcap 76s otb the other day.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results: I checked and CO checked (pheww). I would most likely fold to a bet. CO showed 54 ! Donk btn had Q9o and I took a nice pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy check/fold. The results you posted just reinforce that for me as it shows the unwillingness of some players to bluff at a big pot. Here, villain has every reason to think you will call a last bet on the river; plus, the pot is semi-protected because of the all in player. You are badly behind CO's reasonable range here when the second King hits the river. However, if he bets, then things are even worse for you as it is more likely he is value betting than bluffing. Plus, your pot odds are not as good as they may otherwise look due to the presence of the button who is all in for about 3/4 of the pot.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at CO 3-betting preflop and flop. i had a 30/20 guy coldcap 76s otb the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am seeing this as well-what's with the light 3 bet. It seems a lot of players are 3 betting light aat 5/10 and up regardless of what position the raise is coming from.