Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Re: PLO8 - Pokertracker stats

[ QUOTE ]
...plz dont underestimate my understanding for the game given the limits i play

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely not....I've never done in this in the past, and you can rest assured that I'll rate you on your postings and never look down upon your thoughts simply due to your stakes.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

which brings me to my next point...raising. yes, i raise a lot. if ppl fold to me in the Hijack or OTB, im raising just about everytime. even with crap, even if i kno the Blinds are idiots and will call me with anything (ok, this is slight exaggeration...but given what i just sed about position...do u see why?). remember...my limits are very small at the moment (10K hands at 25PLO8, and ~2K hands from .5/1-3/6OHL)...i will move up when i can...but its hard given i use BR money for rent and food.

hope this helps...any other stats troubling you?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting thought. I don't think I'm comfortable in my own game yet to play a LAG style preflop, but I'd definitely like to experiment with it in the future. Thanks for the thoughts...always appriciated.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Assani...plz clarrify what limits you are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing $10/20 on Party. I had a ton of trouble funding my Stars account when I switched to them after Party went under as I detailed HERE. So what I had to do was get my friend to transfer me $100 and just build up that, which I've now gotten to around $1500(and soon have a $650 FPP bonus coming my way as well)

So because of that, my levels of play are totally mixed. I have everything from $.25/$.50 up to $3/6 on Stars. Once I get fully rolled, I will most likely play in the highest games I can mutltitable on Stars, which doesn't look to be that high- the $10/20 game never seems to have anyone sitting at it at all, and I've only seen a $5/10 game running two or so times in the past few weeks. The $3/6 game will be running about 50% of the time, but usually only one table.

Here are my exact number of hands at each level:

$3/6 NL: 63 hands
$2/4 PL: 52 hands
$2/4 NL: 228 hands
2/4 PL: 502 hands
$.5/$1 NL: 992 hands
$.5/$1 PL: 1345 hands
$.25/$.5 NL: 1513 hands
$.25/$.5 PL: 705 hands
$.1/$.25 NL: 548 hands
$.1/$.25 PL: 228 hands
Total: 6176 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

given that your stats are from a lot of lower limit hands, your winrate is quite normal for a decent player. playing tight is fine since people will pay off with odd holdings.

15-20ptbb/100 is sustainable at most 25 and 50 games that i've played in, but i'm not sure about stars where they tend to play smaller pots.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

which brings me to my next point...raising. yes, i raise a lot. if ppl fold to me in the Hijack or OTB, im raising just about everytime. even with crap, even if i kno the Blinds are idiots and will call me with anything (ok, this is slight exaggeration...but given what i just sed about position...do u see why?). remember...my limits are very small at the moment (10K hands at 25PLO8, and ~2K hands from .5/1-3/6OHL)...i will move up when i can...but its hard given i use BR money for rent and food.

hope this helps...any other stats troubling you?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting thought. I don't think I'm comfortable in my own game yet to play a LAG style preflop, but I'd definitely like to experiment with it in the future. Thanks for the thoughts...always appriciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...feeling comfortable with ur postflop skillz is very important, esp in raising. i would suggest opening up ur LP raising standards, esp with nobody else in the pot yet. try it out for 1K hands and see how u like it.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:56 PM

Here are my stats for the last month at party, right below are my stats for my first month at Full Tilt. Surprisingly they are very similiar. When I first went to Full Tilt I thought the games were different. I dropped $100 immediately so I changed the way I was playing. Or so I thought. Perhaps because it was a new site with unknown players I thought they were tighter and better. Guess I just calmed down and started playing my game. Anyhow, I only posted the $25 tables because that was where 98% of my play was with the most hands. Am now moving to the $50. Will be interesting to see if my stats change. I dropped 9 buyins immediately at the $50 but am now bringing back about 2 buyins/day. My game seems to change month by month but BB/100 stays about the same. I really can't tell much from my stats or others, perhaps SPLIT SUIT, ASANI, KUSO could give some insight. One thing I do with my HUD that people might disagree with is I use the BB/100 stat next to number of hands on player for much info. I also have a ton of other stats around their name to refer to in specific situations but I have always figured that if a player is a losing player then many of the stats that others look at (VPIP, PFR, W$SD) mean nothing.

Last month of Party

First Month Full Tilt

Old 11-19-2006, 03:04 PM

My stats as follows (all on Pokerstars $25, but only 3K hands in the DB so far):

VP$IP: 33.29 (I probably need to tighten up...)
Won$WSF: 41.57 (IMO quite high esp. for playing so loose, but I steal a lot of orphan pots. Since my BB/100 is not that good though it would seem that I get myself into trouble with these steals more often than not...)
Won$AtSD: 56.88 (and rising... I hope to get this to at least 65 over time)
PFRaise%: 4.70
Hi/Lo Won Hi: 16.45
Hi/Lo Won Lo: 2.61
Hi/Lo Scoop: 13.58
PF/Flop/Turn/River Agg: 0.15/1.94/1.55/1.00
Total Agg: 0.68
BB/Hand: 7.85
Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 AM

Hi all!
I'm new here...
Just started playing 4-tables om8 oon Stars lately and plan on continuing it. I do not have poker tracker for omaha. If I play a mix of limit, pot-limit and no-limit either 6 per tableor full table, is it worth it to have poker tracker? Doyour stats get all messed up, cause you play on 4 tables with 3-5-6-10 players???
Does it consider the rake on your winnings?
Does it also work for SnG and MTT tourneys?
Thx!