Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Just call me Gigabet

Heh ya I didn't realise how much EV we still have even when we get caught against an overpair. This is why I don't like tournies/limit poker, you have to do math.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem comes when the BB makes the specious call with 55 and you're boned

[/ QUOTE ]

Supwithbates,

are you referring to the button? because although there is a bb in this hand, (of course) i dont think he would be the primary cause for concern in this hand.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I don't think people are getting where I'm trying to go with this hand. I realize that this play in itself is at best slightly +EV. (yes, it is +EV) That is not the argument. I believe that the positive ev I would gain later in the game...

Metagame purposes also serve well, as Hero will gain countless steals in the future by players who don't want to go to showdown without a premium hand against Hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... so you are saying that after you push with 75o you will get more stealing opportunities?

If you are making this play and then then are planning on making steals later on then this is a clearly -EV situation
Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 AM

This thread is drying up so I'll post the results.

UTG calls t100, UTG +1 calls t100, 3 folds, CO is all-in t475, Button calls t475, Hero is all-in t4,000, all fold.

CO shows 89o, Hero flops two pair, CO does not hit his guttter and Hero wins t1300 in chips.

Button berates Hero for a good 5 minutes, calling him every name of the book. I asked what he folded, although he wouldnt tell me. Many people had watched the hand un-fold, and eventually most of the room was aware given that Button stormed away from the table.

He later claimed he folded 55. (would have flopped trips) Hero ends up finishing 3rd for a nice cash.